Set For Electrical Interference?

Dug2gld

What settings does everyone else use under the big electrical wires.  The tarsacci wasn’t bad with interference as the deus was in the same area.  But I put the black sand on to get it to quiet down some. Would I be missing targets with these settings? 

70085D0F-604E-45BB-BDDF-8AA12FDE583B.jpeg

EF5DBEA4-2407-44B8-B529-3086B6C932E3.jpeg

Yes, Black Sand ON does help. At my worst EMI site, 18 kHz is the most affected. 12 & 9 kHz are better, 6.4 kHz is the least chatty. I am not afraid to go to a different frequency as far as thinking I will miss certain targets. Even 6.4 will hit very small targets. I try to set the Sensitivity for the ground conditions and use the Threshold for EMI or tiny Iron flakes. I will run it down to -6 before I drop Sensitivity. Threshold has much less effect on depth. I tend to use 18 kHz only in heavier Iron. I use 6.4 the most but 9 & 12 run well on most sites. Dimitar stated 12 kHz was particularly good on red soil sites.

It is all a matter of balancing for the particular site. No two are the same, no day is the same. If you need to lower the Sensitivity to get stable that's okay. The MDT is still very deep@4 or 5 & TH @-3. Prove it to yourself on a found mid depth target. It will give you confidence in the machine and your self.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience in Culpepper. You two will do well I bet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. Heading out today again. Colonial site. Will post finds. 🙂 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Set For Electrical Interference?

That’s good to know.  Thanks. 

A lot may depend on how deep you think good targets are too.  I’ve found lower freqs tend to pick up a bit more EMI but get you the better depth.  I’ve hunted in areas like that, not with this machine, but way to many times hunters run to much power.  Back it off and hunt the area several times one day maybe better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will try that! I actually tried the lower freq. the other day, but was getting the chatter, but I will definitely try again, I really want to find silver with the machine! The deus loves finding the old silver.  I want the tarsacci to do the same.  🙂 Thanks for the advice! 🙂