Beach Hunter's Christmas Toy...

I will not purchase any “water machine” with a depth rating below 30 feet.

I currently have my Excalibur but I have a near “new” Garrett Sea Hunter XL500 that has been extensively modified and checked over in detail. The unit never saw much use judging by its original condition……has all new circuit parts and Lithium batteries. Yes it’s in a big heavy Ikelite case but built like a tank and rated to 200 feet. I’ll make a thread on it shortly 👍

They don’t make them like they used to.

Here are a couple of photos of “the beast”

C27F0361-0D11-4E17-83F6-615344A40C89.jpeg

C3441617-121E-4E89-800D-BF62F9951028.jpeg

41942632-C3A0-44FE-ADDB-37F8F5A41FBE.jpeg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

My Christmas dreams were of the AQ or Nokta SMF as I primarily hunt wet sand not underwater. But these 2 are putting on the classic jerk show. Last year the guy from MDT came out to do a demo for 2 friends on a highly mineralized , trashy beach that I hunt often. This guy couldn't dial it in for some reason. My friends said there is no way they would buy 1 because of this. Oh well....guess I'm still stuck with my DF. May have to get another Nox , idk. Let us know what you get.

Sad is all has went silent from Fisher on the AQ.. I think you would do really good with it, being your a hardcore PI hunter. That being said, I know of a couple hard core (PI) hunters who had them and sold them. So we can only hope Fisher can come clean and say.. it is coming and don't be waiting for it...... or at least say we no longer see a future for the AQ.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Sad is all has went silent from Fisher on the AQ.. I think you would do really good with it, being your a hardcore PI hunter. That being said, I know of a couple hard core (PI) hunters who had them and sold them. So we can only hope Fisher can come clean and say.. it is coming and don't be waiting for it...... or at least say we no longer see a future for the AQ.

I couldn't agree more. I know 3 who have them out here. Slim does damn good with his , he loves it ! I just don't know anymore. I don't really want another DF , but I can get 1. Maybe another Nox....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Let us know what you get

I think the SeaGhost mod for my Ctx Will be the smartest option I have After this winter, cause I'm definitely not a P.I. guy. Also, doing scuba diving 80% of times and snorkeling the remaining sessions, the Excal Is hard to leave at home.

There's Only one machine that keep my attention since Years but never tried before and Is a pulse too.

The higher delay time of this toy Is a warranty of stable treshold downthere, but honestly I still prefer an 8" coil on every machine i bring down with me.

I bought the 10" Excal as an exception for me, due to the unavailable 8"😑...

IMG_20211021_183947.jpg