Hey y'all, been busy out there but not finding much. Got permission to mow one place so that may change. Most interesting thing was a little cat pin:20211017_180757.thumb.jpg.045123954c5daa0ca6d939ea00c15342.jpg

Went to one of my original places today, what used to be a racetrack in the 17-1800s. Unfortunately a couple of detectorists spent 3 weeks there every day, and pretty much wiped it out. No one knows what they found. I did get a Merc there in the spring when they turned it.

I grid searched one area hoping I'd find something, dug some clad (about$1.75) and lots and lots of molten metal, turns out the barn there had burned. Today I got another rein guide, parts of a Rogers silverware spoon, and these things that I wonder if any of you recognize:20211019_160942.thumb.jpg.7678190eb71507e066fae238509d359f.jpg

The first one is nickel plated brass and somewhat larger than the next, about 2" across. It is heavy and has a threaded hole, and on the other side has holes for pins and obviously fits something precisely:20211019_160958.thumb.jpg.b78c8818ac4224992af07f5a8f663919.jpg

The next one is a bit smaller (about 1-1/2"):20211019_160950.thumb.jpg.1d17be9bc52534e0c97dc5cee66aff27.jpg

It has the same threaded hole and less pin holes.20211019_161005.thumb.jpg.637d56f565e65d2142b42b5dafabb436.jpg I'm thinking rein guide boss, but the threaded holes are conical.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

It would be nice if all they got was the junk and left all the best for you !

No idea on the doohickies....but they missed 'em.

It sure would, guess that's not the way. 😀 

I believe the reason they missed them is because they were extremely high ID's. One was a 39 and the other a 36. There are a lot of steel cans here, they just skipped 'em. I knew I wasn't digging Morgans, but I dug them anyway.

• Like 1

I'm out of likes for the moment, but very different items! The three black cats say you will find something good their yet!!🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛😁

I would actually like to know more info on the three that detected there for so long!!? Were they looking for something specific? Is that private property, and if so, the owner should have more information!? Were they local, or from out of town? Someone should have noticed them, and asked questions!? Very curious that they would hit it so hard for that amount of time??

Let us know if you can "dig up" some more info!👻🍀👍👍

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

I'm out of likes for the moment, but very different items! The three black cats say you will find something good their yet!!🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛😁

I would actually like to know more info on the three that detected there for so long!!? Were they looking for something specific? Is that private property, and if so, the owner should have more information!? Were they local, or from out of town? Someone should have noticed them, and asked questions!? Very curious that they would hit it so hard for that amount of time??

Let us know if you can "dig up" some more info!👻🍀👍👍

I know the person, someone I used to work with. They did not get permission from the landowner. He wasn't happy when he heard of it, but I don't want to raise an issue. The person who told them the landowner wouldn't mind also lets me hunt all his adjacent land. It's kinda sticky. This is an area of trust and cooperation, whistleblowers usually end up the losers. Right now I'm winning big time, I am grateful to have so much at my disposal, regardless of the potential it had. 🙂

I don't do anything without permission.

• Like 3

3 black cats are supposed to be good luck. Maybe the owner thew them after losing a weeks pay at the track!

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kac said:

3 black cats are supposed to be good luck. Maybe the owner thew them after losing a weeks pay at the track!

An interesting bit of trivia I did not know! 😀 Thanks. I dug it at another site where I found that cavalry stirrup. Gonna mow that tomorrow to make it easier to detect.

• Like 1

Yeah, sounds a little hairy! I can't blame you for not stiring the pot!! They may end up "shooting" the messenger! 😂👍👍

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

Nice finds and I really don't know what the mystery item is.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1