One Of My Long Time Digging Partners Has Passed Away

Richard Burnham was a digging partner of mine through the 1980's. I was informed of his passing yesterday. We made many amazing finds and had adventures that would cover multiple states. RIP friend. My condolences went out to his son Randy who is a digger in Texas.

• Sad 13
  • Oh my! 1

So sad, Sorry for your loss. The old crew is leaving us as we get to that age. But they can not take away our memories of all the good times we had. If I could go back to '69 and start over again, I would cherish those times a bit more.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear of his loss!!🙏

Maybe one day soon, you can share some stories of adventures with him!

No one is truly gone, if they are remembered through fond memories!!😇👍👍

• Like 3

So sorry you lost your detecting buddy. A lot of good times out detecting.

Sorry for you loss George, I have a digging partner myself that I would hate to lose. 

That's always sad to hear about.

Happens more the older we get.....

Been wondering how I managed to live this long and so many of my friends are gone ?.

Must be to find the big payday target and then croak from the excitement !

• Oh my! 1

My condolences, George.  Tough to lose buddies and also ponder your own mortality.  I savor every second I get to swing a detector in the field.  I have friends who can no longer detect due to severe age related disabilities and I know it gnaws at them.  I pray for them and simultaneously give thanks I can still limp around a corn field (chronic heel spur and achilles tendon pain), swing the detector through shoulder/elbow soreness and recover targets despite chronic back issues because despite the physical pain it melts away the emotional stress of real life..  Hope you are able to get some swing time in to sooth the soul.