Colonial Digs

Dug2gld

Love the tarsacci in the sandy soil of this part of VA.  The tarsacci is a beast with deep brass, it heard some deep targets loud and clear. The thimble was at least 13 inches down. The spoon was about the same. Still have not found a silver coin with the tarsacci but I know I will.  I look forward to the DIV in a few weeks and I will be using the tarsacci.  

233BDA64-C9DF-4CAE-884D-97B3EA47210F.jpeg

F587135E-02BA-43FE-9263-8D1057BC98D0.jpeg

2D97A529-4A8A-45AC-942E-D015FB6CE0C3.jpeg

3D1AF197-AD9F-4AF4-92D5-2D350CA2A658.jpeg

06D8FA87-2F58-47D5-B695-B05933C0D559.jpeg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there.   I didn’t set the world on fire.  I did get over a canteen spout, some fired bullets.  The tarsacci ran quiet in the red dirt and heard some deep targets. Iron and some brass.  Some of the lead sounded like iron at times.  The brass was a good signal all the way.  I will be using the tarsacci again in a few weeks back in Culpeper hopefully when soybeans comes down.  I will be swinging it this weekend in the good soil in a colonial spot as well.  The tarsacci will find the deep brass. But hopefully some old silver.  I hope to use the lower frequency at a new site. 

• Like 3

What frequency & settings did you find that worked well?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JCR said:

What frequency & settings did you find that worked well?

I used 18 mostly. But played around with that. I was in 7 sensitivity. Salt was about 40. I used the black sand on and the machine was very quiet. Maybe to quiet. Lol. I talked to Dimitar after the hunt and he recommended being in a lower frequency. So will try that next time.  I’m digging tomorrow in good soil. The tarsacci shines in this soil.  But I’ll be in a lower frequency for sure.  

• Like 2

Thanks. I remember reading that Dimitar said 12kHz was good in red soil & that Tom Dankowski has had good success with 6.4 kHz in Florida low mineral sites. It's fun to learn and seems to perform well regardless. Keep us updated on you hunts. I wish you continued success.

Thank you!! 
I have yet to find silver with this machine, the site I was at last weekend I’m hitting again and I found Spanish with the Deus, so I’m hoping this weekend with the Tarsacci will be Spanish as well.  Dimitar told me to use the lower frequency to find the silver so that’s the plan.  

• Like 1

I been to a few DIVs with the GPX and didn't set the world on fire lol. Sometimes you just don't walk over anything good. Sounds like the Tarsacci ran stable in the red dirt and got good depth. Very positive signs. I will definitely give it a try in Culpeper my next time down.   

• Like 1