• The title was changed to Couple "aq" Gold's

Boy that place kills the silver and copper..... Paper thin, some of them. But that gold never thins out 😄 Nice scores!

• Like 2

The AQ "Bay Fantom" strikes again!🦸‍♂️🥇 

Joe, it's really getting tough on us, to be creative in saying "Great Job" all the time!!🤣👍👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Boy that place kills the silver and copper..... Paper thin, some of them. But that gold never thins out 😄 Nice scores!

Thank you!

It sure does kill the silver. From North to South (of me) in the Bay I can just about tell where everyone hunts just by the conditions of the silver coins. Further North the coins are just a little black, the ones further south can be crusty and paper thin paper thin. Old sterling rings just crumble. 🤕

12 hours ago, Joe D. said:

The AQ "Bay Fantom" strikes again!🦸‍♂️🥇 

Joe, it's really getting tough on us, to be creative in saying "Great Job" all the time!!🤣👍👍

Thank You!

It's been a long while since I used the "AQ" so I had to renew my faith........... so I will be using it more now that I have plenty of time. About 30 minutes into this hunt I was thinking... Maybe I should go back to the car and get the Excalibur for I was getting no faint signals. But then I moved a little further down the beach and then the place came alive with deep targets. So I have to keep reminding myself.. this machine will find the gold, just be patient.

9 hours ago, Elbert said:

Congrats on the nice finds Joe. Your not out there by your self?

El

Thanks Elbert! Yes, alone but I have a inflatable life jacket with a ACR Coast Guard Rescue Beacon Unit....... Cost me a good bit but my GF said she would rest easier if I wore it.. So to keep the peace with family I now have one.

https://www.acrartex.com/

2 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Great finds Joe.  You have that Yoda thing going with this machine just like the Xcal buddy.  What coils working best for you?   

Thanks Dew!  I still don't feel as confident with the "AQ" as I do the xcal but this hunt really helped renew what I had forgot since I've not been out hunting much the last few months. I think the last time I used the AQ was around the first of July, it got gold then also. But I feel the excalibur was the best machine when my out time was short, now I'm back to fulltime Pirate it's going to be out a lot more.

Only been out twice with this coil but if you see my settings I can really push the "AQ" to the limits. SO I've used four different "AQ" coils now and this one seems to be the best?. Air testing this one, and the two bigger coils there is only one inch lost...in depth. And this one swings much easier thru the water with 99.9 percent, no falsing. So more time out in rougher conditions are needed. 

• Like 9

I like that old gold!

The AQ is really quiet in the bay and tributaries. Settings that I can run in the ocean waters are not near as hot as in the bay.

I like that black coil! Now wouldn't it be nice if First Texas made one that size? Around 10 inches or so.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I love this machine!!

For all the verbal crap dumped on First Texas (IMO, some deserved, some not) over both the AQ, other detectors, and the company in general) it's nice to see someone with a ton of experience with one of their detectors singing its praises.  As always, thanks for your posts (with associated great eye candy!) and especially your objectivity.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

For all the verbal crap dumped on First Texas (IMO, some deserved, some not) over both the AQ, other detectors, and the company in general) it's nice to see someone with a ton of experience with one of their detectors singing its praises.  As always, thanks for your posts (with associated great eye candy!) and especially your objectivity.

Well it didn't come out if the box that way.  Joe has done some serious mods and upgrades, particularly with the power source, connectors, miscellaneous stem hardware, and headphones to turn it into a Bay beast.  Not sure where FT is headed with the platform now, but Joe should get a special mention as an unofficial member of the design team if they ever release a completed design version.

Nice saves as usual, Joe. You work hard for those recoveries and that's the key to your success.

• Like 6