Hunt Went To The Dogs

14 minutes ago, rod-pa said:

nice work, sir.  i mowed a spot in the middle of a field with push mower once.  I pronounce you addicted as well 🙂

I pretty much cherry picked it previously, got one silver coin at least. It wasn't easy to search because of the tall grass, so it was an easy choice for me. I may do this at other places as well. They bush hog them but not well.

• Like 2

That's funny that they tilled the same day you mowed! Is there a reason they don't till the circle up too, and make it part of the field? Too hard packed?? I'm sure that you will pick up some more goodies there!!👍👍

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

That's funny that they tilled the same day you mowed! Is there a reason they don't till the circle up too, and make it part of the field? Too hard packed?? I'm sure that you will pick up some more goodies there!!👍👍

It is a home site and a great place to park farm equipment. Each place they own has a similar spot. We're talking hundreds of acres. The owner has tried to think of all the places on his properties where farmhouses stood. He has a couple more, and I've found houses they didn't know about 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's awesome! Great resource!!👍👍

• Like 2

Another nice find and I am glad that you saved the tag.

Good luck on your hunting and get some more good saves like those.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

The owner has tried to think of all the places on his properties where farmhouses stood. He has a couple more, and I've found houses they didn't know about 😁

do you use old maps?

strick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, strick said:

do you use old maps?

strick

Yes, USGS topos from the 1800s until they didn't mark house locations anymore, and historicaerials.com. Helps a lot.

• Like 2