Fists Full Of Gold By Chris Ralph

Books in PDF format though would be so handy. It allows you to quickly search as well as keep everything in the right order like the authors are saying. Plus I can store thousands of references on my iPad so when I go in the field, or on a trip, I can quickly look stuff up if I need to. I hope they try to figure that out because it really is the way to go if they can get security somehow. Having a paper book, although it’s nice to have in the house and on the shelf, is not something that is really feasible for quick research anymore.  It’s really nice that most of the scientific publications are in PDF format now.

BTW Fists of Gold is a fantastic book!

I'll keep looking into it Brian. I got one quote for reconfiguring the layout of my book for ebook and it was aroun $800-$1000 just to do that. I am still waiting for my publisher to get an answer back from the bigger publisher that can put it in ebook format. Also as far as carrying it in the field in a pack, that is why I made my book 6x9. I will keep looking though. There has to be a good company out there with decent prices.

Brian, what is the dementions of your iPad? And have you ever had one of those things break or crack a screen in a backpack?

You don’t have to make them on my accord.  I’m just saying that I like them better.

I don’t take my iPad with me when I am actually detecting.  If i need a certain map or reference I put it on my phone.  Back at camp I use my iPad.  I do field map every day 6 months out of the year with my iPad mini.  Been using that for over 7 years now and never broke a screen, keep in a side pouch and only use a Zagg screen protector.  

• 1 month later...