Cavalry Came With A Little Bit Of Silver

6 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Like those old "teens" Wheaties too.

One of the local landowners stopped by today, told me about a road that used to be there. I sort of figured out where it was, and followed it a bit. That is where it turned up. Oldest coins so far were a 1908 IHP, a 1910 wheat, and 2 1911s. There is hope for others. Guess the composition changed in later pennies.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Silver and another spur, nice.

A little history:

The A & Z Chain Company, founded by Carl Ashen and Saul Zeitlin in 1905 in Providence, Rhode Island, as a chain manufacturer. ... Hayward Company (founded in 1851, Attleboro, MA) merged with The A & Z Chain Company and became The A&Z Hayward Company.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

One of the local landowners stopped by today, told me about a road that used to be there. I sort of figured out where it was, and followed it a bit. That is where it turned up. Oldest coins so far were a 1908 IHP, a 1910 wheat, and 2 1911s. There is hope for others. Guess the composition changed in later pennies.

So you are probably finding them cars from a house that once stood on that road?? That was a good hunt with the silver earring and spur part.  That may be a gag loop that you found. Love the green patina on the '11 Wheat. I hunted an amusement park in the late 60' through most of the 70's, and all the Indians and wheats were that color. It just screams OLD!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

So you are probably finding them cars from a house that once stood on that road?? That was a good hunt with the silver earring and spur part.  That may be a gag loop that you found. Love the green patina on the '11 Wheat. I hunted an amusement park in the late 60' through most of the 70's, and all the Indians and wheats were that color. It just screams OLD!!!

Yes, the circle I mowed here is the front yard of an old farmhouse, ca. early 1900s, maybe a little older. All the toys are from the 70s. Most have dates on them. I guess the kid threw them around a bit or left them everywhere.

• Like 2

Very nice again, it seems that you are finding the best of what is in the ground.

How deep are some of the items you are finding, and what settings are you using.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Very nice again, it seems that you are finding the best of what is in the ground.

How deep are some of the items you are finding, and what settings are you using.

The finds are all in the 2-8" range. First day I found a few things right on top. They are usually in the plug or just under it. I'm using a Predator Barracuda shovel which digs about that deep.

Settings are Park 1, 23 sensitivity. I always use the horseshoe button to hear everything. I used F2=0 Iron Balance, and ground balance varied in spots from 4 to around 30. When using F2=0 Iron falses so I dig a lot of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1