Last Hunt Above I-80, Rain Or Shine

Yes it's coming down cat's and dogs now.  Next few days are pretty much worthless.   Nice to see you pulled out a few more.  Well earned. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

Early wet Weather in Northern Nevada, sure messed up a few of my hunts!  But, this last Hunt was called Rain or Shine!  Be there or miss out with the original hunting party.  We had half the amount of coils on the ground during this hunt and managed to find a few sweet spots of dinks to add to our pokes.  Rain on us with snow in the ground 200’ above us all 4-Days!  6000, Retune Button got a workout.  I kept the 11” Mono on.  Tried the DD for a few hours with no luck, don’t know if the ground and line I took was bad, but the guys behind me where finding nuggets…so back to the 11”.  My truck is out in the drive way in the wet Weather still loaded up with me gear!  Getting wet again to unload it, I can’t wait 🤨

Hey Lucky, nice gold!

I'm heading out to meet Gerry at RP. Any recommendations for the wet NNV soils, since we don't have a smaller GPX 6000 coil? Thanks,

Bill

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cobill said:

I'm heading out to meet Gerry at RP.

Tell ya!  That soil was changing every day and not for the better!  It was still running mine Max’d out with Threshold on.  It seemed the best on the wet soil, besides turning your sensitivity way down.  We tried all settings as the soil was getting wetter each day and Max was the winner at our location.  Some areas we couldn’t swing the machine from the noise of the ground, so avoided them for a later drier time.  Slow steady swing, help calm the ground down as well.  There’s nuggets at Gerry’s Training spot, keep swinging that entire area from top to bottom and you’ll find some nuggets.  Good luck!

Rick

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

Tried the DD for a few hours with no luck, don’t know if the ground and line I took was bad, but the guys behind me where finding nuggets…so back to the 11”.

I ran the DD for the first time yesterday just to try it out. We had some pretty saturated ground from getting up to a foot of snow last week but it was just saturated not salty. I was detecting basically in mud lol. I did pull out a .03 dink, but not deep.  Just FYI.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

It was still running mine Max’d out with Threshold on.  It seemed the best on the wet soil, besides turning your sensitivity way down.  We tried all settings as the soil was getting wetter each day and Max was the winner at our location. 

Rick

Rick, When you say Max Settings,  do you mean SENS is set at 10 (locked), or is it...what I call 10+2, some people say that's 12?  I've been out here the last couple days using 10+1 = 11, with Threshold ON, Normal Ground Timing, 11" Mono. 

• Like 1

I just looked at the weather map.  I'm glad I'm not up there with the rain/snow but I sure miss finding nuggets anywhere in Rye Patch.

• Like 2