Meteorite Crashes Through Ceiling, Lands Next To Woman’s Pillow

Jennifer

It's not gold related, nor is it coin and relic but a lot of us also search for space rocks... talk about pennies from heaven...

Jen

It's

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 3

1 minute ago, klunker said:

Wow! If that thing had hit me in the head it would have busted up a good meteorite.

Goof ball... LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jennifer said:

Goof ball

What can I say? Hard rain predicted for 40 days and 40 nights so I'm stuck inside so the forum better be ware. But I've started working on a plan. Anybody have a pair of Aardvarks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, klunker said:

What can I say? Hard rain predicted for 40 days and 40 nights so I'm stuck inside so the forum better be ware. But I've started working on a plan. Anybody have a pair of Aardvarks?

Jump on a flight and head down to Vegas, rent a car and drive an hour and you'll be on the gold fields producing stuff like this...

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32966

Yes I know the link's been posted previously potential Karen's, no need to remind me.. simply expressing to Klunker that he's never far from gold, regardless of the weather. 😉

The only limiting factor is you and how much desire you have to succeed.

Jen

• Like 3

1 hour ago, klunker said:

You can have the 2 i got---We just got a 2 day break from a 10000 day rain it seemed....

I noticed the boat was listing more than it usually does in the evening,,(lol)--- checked the bilges and yep---- full --- my 110 bilge pump had shut down for some reason---- adding back a redundant 12 volt system and pumping things out the rest of the day----- will pull the 110 unit and give her a good clean up.

Carry on

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, strick said:

one expert said "Odds of that happening are one in one hundred billion"  lol their just making up numbers

I was curious (also skeptical) about that estimate.  I think he just used the number of recorded events which roughly met this criterion (struck a house), estimated the number of houses, possibly estimated the amount of 'cross section' fraction that a bed covers.

Almost no one ever gives an uncertainty around their numbers.  For this one, I think the uncertainty may be a factor of 10 in either direction.  Just my WAG (but at least I gave one)!

• Haha 3