Back To The Farmhouse With Guest

Went back to the farmhouse today, Chase wanted some detector time so I invited him down. It was a cold morning, 50s and windy but good for the hard work ahead.20211024_120454.thumb.jpg.2710faf529ac2c4d296d8e4687e770f6.jpg Chase got there shortly after I did, my first find was a 1990 nickel, and it really didn't get much better. I had to dump my trash bag 4 times, lots of plumbing parts, matchbox car parts again, molten metal and just about everything that gives a false good VDI and tone. Bullet shells, you name it. 😀 The place is getting sort of lean.

Here's what I got, some of it is interesting:20211024_183206.thumb.jpg.bec2e9e7380169da64de3ee9aeff4653.jpg

The usual clad and memorials, nothing older than 1972. Remains of some kind of brooch with rhinestones, it was pretty mangled but still had 3 stones. A 3 ring bullet flattened, some sort of knob that has a coin edge.

The most interesting finds aside from the bullet were the aluminum penny token which is about the size of a quarter, and the small brass "E. Faber" fountain pen tip case which contains a small pencil. The token is corroded and broken so that the date doesn't show, just the bottom of the memorial and "One Cent" on the back. 

It was a fun day, always good to have Chase along. He found some stuff too.

• Like 8

Nice hunt again and glad that you are pulling history out of the ground.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Nice hunt again and glad that you are pulling history out of the ground.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Thanks. It was a bit of a disappointment, only one silver coin found here so far. Tons of clad, almost 100 coins here. There is so much junk in the ground you really have a challenge. In a way we are cleaning it up for future visits, but nothing jumps out at you as much as the debris does.

• Like 3

Rather have to sort through trash and debris than have total silence..... At least it seems hopeful there might be something there.

Looks like really nice grounds.

• Like 1