Congrats! Outstanding finds!

• Like 1

It is amazing to see what you are able to find in a single hunt. I hunt 99% of the time in the turf, and my gold total for 3 years is what you find in a week. Right place and lots of hard work on your part.👍

Do you hang onto your rings, or do you sell them for scrap once you get a certain amount? If you don't sell them, do you have a pic with all of them in one place? I bought a couple detectors from a guy in Salt Lake City years back. While at his house, he took me to his detecting finds part of the basement. He had a substantial bunch of gold rings he had found all hanging on a large carabiner that astonished me, as I had never found anything gold up to that point. It was an inspiration to see. I emulate him a bit. I just use a much smaller carabiner so it looks like it is loaded with gold rings.😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Againstmywill said:

It is amazing to see what you are able to find in a single hunt. I hunt 99% of the time in the turf, and my gold total for 3 years is what you find in a week. Right place and lots of hard work on your part.👍

Do you hang onto your rings, or do you sell them for scrap once you get a certain amount? If you don't sell them, do you have a pic with all of them in one place? I bought a couple detectors from a guy in Salt Lake City years back. While at his house, he took me to his detecting finds part of the basement. He had a substantial bunch of gold rings he had found all hanging on a large carabiner that astonished me, as I had never found anything gold up to that point. It was an inspiration to see. I emulate him a bit. I just use a much smaller carabiner so it looks like it is loaded with gold rings.😁

Thank you!

I sold all in late 2012 when I was sick. I do regret selling then. The last 7 years I've saved most, I have them locked away in a bank in another state. Occasionally, I will have a friend pull them out for me and I'll add to, get a few pictures (or video) then put them back. Someday my grandsons will hopefully be the beneficiaries, if I taught my daugther correctly on how to get the most out of them.  I'm very Blessed that I don't need to melt them, but I do send my silver in for melt and do good with that..

A side note, If I hunted the land only my ring count would be about 1 a year, if that.

Inked20200916_124909_LI.jpg

• Like 8

Joe and the rings are amazing.

What do you think is the oldest swimming gold ring you found ... either by actual date or style.  I just wonder how long these swimming holes were used before they became resort destinations.

I guess that is in the history of the two books I bought about the area.

• Like 1

Very nice finds and may the gold gods guide you to the perfect place before winter.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I had a chance to see how well the Nox 800 with stock coil did against my 10 inch coil Stealth Excalibur. In short, I have nothing to worry about from the Nox's. No doubt the best machine to have on fresh drop beaches, but when the targets are very deep, I'm not even sure the 15 inch coil on the Nox would help.

Hey Joe can you elaborate on this a little bit more...How the machines were set up? Do you hunt in pin point with the Excal? what mode was the fella with the Nox hunting in?  I've found the Nox to be a good deep machine on the wet beach...the Gold modes on the Nox are the deepest hitting... I have been surprised how deep my Excal with the 8 inch coil can get me sometimes..

strick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, strick said:

Hey Joe can you elaborate on this a little bit more...How the machines were set up? Do you hunt in pin point with the Excal? what mode was the fella with the Nox hunting in?  I've found the Nox to be a good deep machine on the wet beach...the Gold modes on the Nox are the deepest hitting... I have been surprised how deep my Excal with the 8 inch coil can get me sometimes..

strick

I know the Nox was running beach 2 with a threshold.. Does that sound right? And remember my Excalibur's are not stock, many modifications.. and I hunt in PP/All metal.  I've taken CZ20/21, and other Excalibur hunters and they can't hear the targets either.... I've hunted along side Nox's before but this is the first time that I went thru and picked out faints for them to check and dig. And for the record I did have one guy that had a HOT CZ21, that thing could hear all I heard and even deeper then my Excalibur.. He was getting a 6 gram gold ring at 16-18 inches.. My excal was getting it at 14..and this was on the Jersey shores several years ago...I have done several upgrades to the Excalibur since but that CZ21 was as deep as the "AQ" is..

So what I did, I would find deep faints targets for John in PP using my Excalibur. Most I would have to remove two scoops..about 10 inches? For him to find the targets. He did hear them then but they gave a iron signal ......after a scoop or two he would get a discriminated silver tone .......John is a excellent land hunter, and hunts the water but mostly fresh drop beaches.

I'll keep this video up for a few days.. then it will go private due to the giving away of the location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djoy2cPmIsc

I should be going back out with John in Nov.. same spot. Let me know your settings and I will pass them along. It would be a great help to him. If we do make it out before all freezes and can't take the boat I will do another side by side.. Hopefully with better results.. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Joe and the rings are amazing.

What do you think is the oldest swimming gold ring you found ... either by actual date or style.  I just wonder how long these swimming holes were used before they became resort destinations.

I guess that is in the history of the two books I bought about the area.

Have several from the late 1800's..but this is the oldest...1861..

SNAG-0000.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Another great hunt. My Nox I was able to get a good 16-18" in the wet , not in the water. My DF went deeper. Nice old ring. A few years ago I got the same script ring dated 1886 , my oldest. It was unique in that the ring had a reeded edge. Like that of a $5 gold , but it was worn down. Wish I still had it our took a pic. It was also around 22k.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Steelheader
      I got a gold testing kit and tested the gold chain.  It’s a fake.  Talk about a letdown 😪.

Found this today in the grass at a Park.  I was using my Equinox 800.  This is the best thing that I have ever found metal detecting.  It weighs 43.5 grams and is marked 18K.

• By Againstmywill
      Rang in a solid 28, so I had a good idea it was going to be a ring. The field has a TON of trash that rings up in the 20's... mostly buried aluminum can pieces and random car parts. There are large power lines that cause interference with the wireless module which causes it to drop out a lot if I am walking in a certain direction. If I turn around, the issue goes away.
      Equinox 15", all metal, Park 1, 7 recovery

• By Againstmywill
      While at a local park, this rang in a 31 on the Equinox in Park 1, so I knew it was either a silver ring or a couple quarters stacked. Anyone able to identify the maker's mark or tell me anything about it? Thanks for the help! I believe this is the first silver ring the Coiltek has found.

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      Back to a spot I've been working the last few weeks. This trip it gave up a couple more golds, 10k 1935 Class ring and a 14k wedding band. Then 3 silver crusty coins and one "P" nickel.. (which I do not count as silver)........ I was able to Opened the brass compact, Very surprised to see a 1911 Barber dime and a ticket inside. The dime is as detailed as the day it was lost, saved by what ever was in the compact stamped " Woodward and Lothrop " The ticket does have some faint writing, can't make it out other then some numbers.
      Going to be interesting, I was able to mark off this location with a stray crab pot. See if it worked the next trip back. Winds and tides are going to be crazy for several days, so I'll be surprised if all is where I left it. This beach has one little Hot area, I've tried using land markers but it still takes me a hour or more to find it since it is so small and I am a ways off shore. The spot sure holds the right targets and they can only be heard if your moving slow. I had planned on taking the Fisher "AQ", never worked out, one side of "My skullies"' headphones was acting up so I ended up using the Excalibur. Hope to get back out after the 8th, can't wait!

• By Skullgolddiver
      For First I wanna Say Hi to all of You here...
      I've been far for quite a long time due to mandatory work sessions in the "other Life".
      The pandemic pushed hard on my little beach business and to pay Bills and keep my little daughter I started again with people transportation in the end of August.
      Today I was finally out for a day off walking on the beach and Also found a "promising spot to get the job done"...
      But the tone of this post Is more related to a new beach machine I'm dreaming to own for Christmas.
      So I Ask to You, my fellows beach Hunters...What Will You buy considering a Ctx, an Excal and a TDI Beachunter already owned?
      Cause the First Is a sniper discriminator but not that Deep like a Nox...(And not properly waterproof both of them)
      The second Is maybe the unstoppable pleasure Toy for a diver like me, but blind on chains and thin stuff...
      The third of my guns already drowned and reanimated a couple times, Will be my pulse last option to never remain without a machine in case of the 3rd world war...
      So...What's next?

• By Hibernia1776
      Hi everyone, I wanted to start a new thread so I could update everyone. As you know I lost a gold ring in 1981 and  have been hunting for it for 40 years, here go’s.
      I went out Friday night and Saturday night until 10:00 pm and continued my grid search and marked promising signals with wooden stakes. I went back to the yard Sunday and began digging what I had marked with no luck, it was all junk.
      As I got further and further out into the yard the targets got fewer and fewer and I couldn’t imagine the ring could be that far away so After about 3 hours of searching I moved back up to where I had always thought I had lost the ring, up near the fence.
      I spent another hour or so digging the few questionable signals that were left  and this time using mainly the vanquish and pinpointing with the Tesoro because I have a hard time pinpointing on vanquish.
      I scanned over a spot I had crossed over literally hundreds of times and I got a faint signal of an 8 on the vanquish and occasionally jumping to 9, I circled it and it was faint but solid 8 and the depth gauge had all the segments filled, it was very deep. I used the pinpoint and dug and come up with nothing, I scanned the hole and still had that faint signal so I got the Tesoro and used pinpoint but heard nothing. 
      I decided to dig a little deeper and still didn’t find anything, scanned again with vanquish and still had the signal so I Got the Tesoro and put it in all metal and was able to run sensitivity maxed out. Next I scraped off some dirt off the top so I could get the Tesoro a little deeper into the ground and started scanning and I got a faint/whisper on pinpoint.
      While I was pinpointing I noticed this time the pinpoint seemed 2-3 inches North of the hole I was digging. I plunged the digger  back in the hole and pulled out a shovel or two of dirt and looked in the hole and saw nothing. I pushed the pinpointer into the hole and immediately it sounded off. Now before I go further I want to say that this had happend literally hundreds of times before, maybe only a few times Had they been this deep.
      I stuck my hand down in the hole and grabbed a handful of dirt and when I pulled it out I saw it....for the first in 40 years I laid eyes on the ring that had twirled off my finger so long ago. I can not describe feeling. From the day I lost that ring it never left my mind, everytime I stepped in that yard I wondered where that ring was for 40 years. It would not be an exaggeration to say that I probably dug 300-500 holes  off and on over the years starting back in 1992/93with a Garret freedom two plus, then on to the Tesoro silver then on to the ML vanquish.
      Why was I unable to find until now? I believe I have a better understanding now after finding it. When I started back in 92 I didn’t have very much knowledge and was digging anything that fell between iron and pull tab. Next at some point my mom had dug up a small row of dirt and planted monkey grass right thru where the ring was so I had at least for the last 5 years when I went out there I could not detect there because of the grass, I thought about this maybe 6 months ago and ran over the monkey grass and it all died out, this allowed me to search on top of it. I believe though the number one reason I could not find it is because of what you guys call “iron masking”...I had swung coil over this exact spot literally hundreds of times and dug trash out of it and within inches of it several times, I think I finally cleared out enough for the ring to come through, it is actually much smaller than I remember and a minor miracle I was able to find it at all.
      i want to thank everyone that replied because I did everything you guys said but the number one thing was everyone gave me hope, I was literally fearing that I would never find this ring but the reply’s gave me hope. As you can see from the pics the ring probably wouldn’t get me 20 bucks  at a pawn shop but it is priceless to me, my grandfather was born in 1915 and this was his childhood ring and now I don’t have to live with the regret that I Lost it or wonder the rest of my life what happend to it. One more thing, when I lost the ring I mentally logged in my mind where it fell off and vowed to never forget it and find it one day...after 40 years it was exactly where I thought it always was....right where if fell of 40 years ago. I’m not exactly sure how but the ring was probably 9-10 inches deep. Enjoy the pics.