10 hours ago, strick said:

gold mode 1 all metal ...

I'm going to tell him start practicing using the Gold Mode 1 all metal... we have a outing planned in later Nov.. same beach

• 1 month later...

On 10/25/2021 at 2:24 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

A friend took me out on his boat Friday in search of Gold and Silver at a spot that is very hard to get too. Fours hours and all I had was several silvers but I could smell the gold.. It was close...just never found it.... Saturday I forced myself to get out of bed and go in search of that yellow stuff again (alone this time). Different beach...Water was calm.. and the tides were not the best but being what they were it forced me to hunt in the right spot.  Not a lot of targets but got into a little area I could feel it again, then about 16 inches down, out came a 12 gram 10k gold. Hunted for a while longer, then as I was walking in, "out of the blue" I got another signal. Out came a 5.8 gram X10k. Old stamp.. Final total (both hunts) 7 hours,... 2 10k golds, 13 Silvers. I've had a very "Blessed" week, 5 gold rings total (30.58 grams of gold) , 24 Silver coins..in 4 hunts, about 16 hours. Three different beaches. Winds and Tides are off this week, then that crazy day light savings time is coming.😒

Both John and I had a good time, and interesting, I had a chance to see how well the Nox 800 with stock coil did against my 10 inch coil Stealth Excalibur. In short, I have nothing to worry about from the Nox's. No doubt the best machine to have on fresh drop beaches, but when the targets are very deep, I'm not even sure the 15 inch coil on the Nox would help.

Wish I could get back to the one spot, the AQ would kill that place I believe, Here...when you digging a lot of silver.. the gold is right there with it. It was just to deep for the Excalibur at the first spot.

Good Luck to everyone out there and Be Safe! 

2.jpg

dirty n cleaned.jpg

Well done nice finds Joe 

• Like 2

On 10/26/2021 at 5:05 PM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I'm going to tell him start practicing using the Gold Mode 1 all metal... we have a outing planned in later Nov.. same beach

My thought from gold hunting is that with the all metal, some of those smaller deeper targets may read 0 or -1 or -2 until some of the sand is taken off.  He could be missing some with the discrimination on.  I havent hunted the beach or water since I have become proficient with the Nox, but am flying out this week and will test it out along with my Excal.

Side note, your video is still up just in case you were planning on taking it down like you said.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sevastras said:

My thought from gold hunting is that with the all metal, some of those smaller deeper targets may read 0 or -1 or -2 until some of the sand is taken off.  He could be missing some with the discrimination on.  I havent hunted the beach or water since I have become proficient with the Nox, but am flying out this week and will test it out along with my Excal.

Side note, your video is still up just in case you were planning on taking it down like you said.  

Thank You! I forgot to take it down.  If your headphones are stock on the Excalibur, I doubt if there will be much difference but looking to see your results. I will have more videos next spring on the subject, once the water is warmer.