New Teaser - XP Deus II

Brushcreek

• The title was changed to New Teaser - XP Deus 2
22 hours ago, abenson said:

I wonder what they plan to price this machine at? Hopefully not a couple grand. I can possibly see it pushing $1500 to put it above the Deus. But it could also replace the Deus. And it will most likely be priced above the ORX.

Then you also have to consider the competition, mainly Minelab! The Equinox is submersible, the Deus 2 likely will not be submersible but may be weatherproof. So maybe it will be priced closer to the 800. I'd be happy to see a price around $1000

If it's priced around $1,000, that would be pretty sweet (although I expect it to be closer to $1,500). That's still too high for me, but it's close enough to the Equinox 800 to impose some serious competition...assuming it performs well, of course. But based on what people say about the Deus, I expect the Deus II to be competitive with other SMF machines.

• Like 3

How much you want to bet that this starts a 3-way update war between Minelab, XP, and Nokta Makro as they try to add features to outdo each other for our business. Just one way online updates benefit us; and when driven by competition who knows how far it could go. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

How much you want to bet that this starts a 3-way update war between Minelab, XP, and Nokta Makro as they try to add features to outdo each other for our business. 

Why did you leave Garrett out of that party?  The fact remains only ML and Garrett have actually released SMF detectors of those four companies.  Let’s see Nokta and XP actually release something more tangible in the SMF product line than video teases and Facebook videos before we start talking about SMF detector update wars.  Both XP and Nokta are notorious for teasing product months and even years before actual release…

Hey I’m excited too, but just keeping it real…:smile:

It my be fun to run a pool (or poll) to predict who will release their SMF detector first:  will it be Nokta or XP?

WRT to your original question, the answer depends on how extensible the underlying platform is based on SW updates alone.  ML, Nokta, and XP have a long track record of introducing SW based bug fixes and feature updates via user installed firmware releases.  Garrett also released an update for Apex.  

Not sure how much further ML can take Equinox as far as features are concerned, the 4khz add was a nice surprise as was the F2 iron bias feature.  But did anyone notice that it’s been more than a year since the last Equinox update.  Does ML have another Equinox trick up its sleeve or is the Nox done as far as updates are concerned as ML focuses on their next consumer grade SMF platform (hopefully the affordable successor to the eTrac/CTX…)?  And in the process leap further ahead of their competitors who are still just learning to fly with SMF.

Encouraged by the XP promotional material, but they are being very careful not to commit to any release date announcements.

We’ll see.   

• Like 3

i got only 1 word: xppleasetakemymoney

A Tarsacci in Diving version will be good too.

RR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it is about direction and who is taking that direction. better to venture than rest. the 1st car manufacturer does not still make the best car. other's risk the venture and that is what i apperciate. XP is going in that direction, armchair quaterbacking is easy and not always helpful

• Like 1

I had always wondered if one reason XP were slow to produce a multi-freq machine was the issues with fitting it 'all in the coil' and wirelessly connecting everything. Brute-Forcing square signals onto a search-coil is a big power-consumer, and the subsequent processing of the signal is also a power-user, and would require more physical electronics parts than the regular Deus coils. So then you would need a bigger battery. It all starts looking like the coil would be full of battery/electronics. A wired solution is the sensible option in this case.

I'm wondering if this MF Deus runs a wired coil permanently, BUT, it is backwards-compatible with the current line-up of standard Deus wireless coils. It's technically easy, all the micro brains, LCD screen, buttons etc are all going to be there for the MF functions , and the signal-processing for the single-freq Deus is pretty simple compared to what would be required for an MF machine.
  • Like 1