New Teaser - XP Deus II

Brushcreek

1 ... More than a year ago .... before the release of  Xp white HF coils / with cable and external battery / u Deusa..som predicted that the only way to do and do multifrequency with such technology / wireless transmission RX / -dressless coil is sure to an external source of energy ... because every TX at the multifrequency is a strong consumer of energy ...

2. Wireless coil technology is a comfortable thing ... ,, but I'm happy with all 3 solutions / 1.Coil with cable on top of the rod, and that's most really good detectors / 2 ... coil with cable inside the rod type Etrac and ATX ,, Deus HF ... 3.wireless coil / type DEUS black coil / ... in the end they determine more detection qualities of the given detector.-of course they find .... and also detector balance ... + comfort in detection ..

Here it is also necessary to write .. that XP at Deus took good advantage of the wireless coil .. and made a very light detector ...👍

3 ... as far as valuable life finds coins are concerned ../ 16 /. it is most important that the detector uses a detector that is suitable for the given terrain .... but I'll write about that later ..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

That would be a nice looking detector. If the coil is wired the coil wire would probably run up inside of the shaft. I would definitely be interested in this detector. Waterproof and still very light.

2 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

I would rather have the coil cord wrapped around the outside and connected to the controller where you can change coils and be able to use other shafts if you want to.

Nice pivot.  Have you considered a career in politics?  JK I couldn’t help myself and let that just lie there.  Don’t take offense. :smile:

• Haha 3

Lol, no offense. Just saying that's what Xp will probably do. I want it the other way. No politics for me :).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Lol, no offense. Just saying that's what Xp will probably do. I want it the other way. No politics for me :).

Glad you took it in the good humor that was intended, Rick. I did realize what you were driving at, the statements were meant to independently stand on their own, but when you put them side by side out of context it results in inadvertent humor.

2 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Glad you took it in the good humor that was intended, Rick. I did realize what you were driving at, the statements were meant to independently stand on their own, but when you put them side by side it is humorous.

😃

Why is it called "God" (Deus) in the first place. 

• Like 3

On 10/26/2021 at 5:08 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Why did you leave Garrett out of that party?  The fact remains only ML and Garrett have actually released SMF detectors of those four companies.  Let’s see Nokta and XP actually release something more tangible in the SMF product line than video teases and Facebook videos before we start talking about SMF detector update wars.  

I’m sure you know why I did that. Apex is not a flagship, none of us consider it such,  and it doesn’t pretend to be. Modest as Minelab has been in marketing Equinox, it is a top performer. What XP and Nokta Makro will release will be flagships meant to compete directly with equinox. While the timeline may be up in the air I’d be willing to bet they will be released sooner than later, and will be exactly what they are claiming, competitors at the flagship level. So if you don’t mind, and with your permission I’d like to talk about potential update wars now and maybe speculate a little here and there, and see how it ages 😉. That’s half the fun 😊

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I’m sure you know why I did that. Apex is not a flagship, none of us consider it such,  and it doesn’t pretend to be. Modest as Minelab has been in marketing Equinox, it is a top performer. What XP and Nokta Makro will release will be flagships meant to compete directly with equinox. While the timeline may be up in the air I’d be willing to bet they will be released sooner than later, and will be exactly what they are claiming, competitors at the flagship level. So if you don’t mind, and with your permission I’d like to talk about potential update wars now and maybe speculate a little here and there, and see how it ages 😉. That’s half the fun 😊

Let me say up front that I am truly excited by the anticipation of the imminent detector releases by XP and Nokta (and possibly Garrett and ML later in 2022 or early 2023), and by the prospect of what that will bring in terms of competition and the acceleration of features and capability to the detecting community at large.  In other words I fundamentally agree with your "update wars" premise, I just have a broader view of the potential players and a foggier view of the products in play because we have so little concrete info on specs and features to go on at this point. 

Speculation is fun, speculation based on factual breadcrumbs, even better.  And as you know, if my track record of posts betrays any level of bias towards the principal players here, it manifests in my effusive praise for XP and ML and my hyper criticism of Garrett

That all being said, to be clear, I wasn't necessarily referring to Apex.  I specifically said Garrett. The reason being that it's been well over a year and a half since Apex was announced and more than a year since it was released.  Garrett made no secret of the fact that they intended to build their next flagship up from the foundation/core of their first gen SMF platform (Apex).  Again, something Nokta and XP have yet to deliver on.  Glad you mentioned Equinox, ML's 4th generation SMF.  There was a lot of SMF design history leading up to Equinox.  I find it hard to believe that even ML could release an SMF product as refined as Equinox as their first gen SMF attempt.  So we are collectively heaping a lot of anticipation onto Nokta and XP that they are going to make an Equinox-like vs. Apex-like splash with their first gen SMF releases.

So...who's to say at this point that (1) XP and Nokta are going to release Flagship worthy (regardless of intent) first gen SMF detectors (though that does certainly look like where at least XP is headed based on the anticipated "Deus 2" moniker) and (2) who's to say Garrett won't be competitive to Nokta/XP by releasing a flagship level SMF in 2022?  That was my point. 

With your permission, I'd like to speculate on Garrett's ambitions and throw them a bone before dismissing them from participating in any 2022/2023 SMF detector update wars because, at this point, they have an SMF on the street and XP/Nokta do not. 

As points of reference for my cautious optimism for XP and Nokta on first gen SMF, I recall that when Equinox was announced at Detectival in 2017, Steve was then able to have limited discussions of features and capabilities in the weeks leading up to a planned Holiday 2017 release (reality became more like a Feburary launch) and by that time we basically had had a detailed version of the user guide in our hands weeks ahead of launch.  Similarly, with Apex, a detailed product announcement (that I recall greatly exceeded my expectations) with actual hardware and detailed features that were published in May 2020 to much hoopla prior to the detector actually going on sale in late August (vs. a planned mid-July launch).  At this time, we have NO official, public technical details on either Nokta or XP's forthcoming detectors that are unofficially set to release "before the end of the year". 

There are still a lot of unknowns here as far as the detecting public is concerned as to whether they will even meet their purported release timelines.   Fancy promo videos notwithstanding, until spec sheets are released by XP and Nokta and functioning pre-prod or production grade hardware is known to be in the hands of field testers its really just vaporwear for us right now.  

..But it looks like XP is getting ready to at least make a product announcement in a few days which should shed some light on whether Deus 2 will be truly competing against Equinox or Apex/Vanquish.  It seems that XP is shooting for something better than Deus and since a lot of folks (me included) mention Equinox and Deus together, I'm putting my money on an Equinox worthy rival.

• Like 2

"Why isn't this new model called "Deus Deuce" ?"
It doesn't really scan, does it? "Day-uss doose".
"Deus+" = "Day-uss plus", scans, but not in XP's native French, "day-uss ploo".
Thankfully it wasn't created by software nerds, or they would've called it " Deus++"
They could've chosen "Deus FM", = fréquence multiple, but in English that sounds like a radio station.
I'm surprised they didn't name it 'Deus Elite' or 'Deus Ultra', they both work in French & English.

• The title was changed to New Teaser - XP Deus II