New Teaser - XP Deus II

Brushcreek

If it gets released I'll be pleasantly surprised.

It is senseless to announce a new replacement product for your flagship long before releasing it with no set release date keeping people hanging, watch the sales of the older model fall off a cliff.... how did that work out for Nokta I wonder?  Did they get 2 years of dwindling sales while people waited? 🙂

Who's going to go out and buy a Deus right now?

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 7:52 PM, phrunt said:

If it gets released I'll be pleasantly surprised.

It is senseless to announce a new replacement product for your flagship long before releasing it with no set release date keeping people hanging, watch the sales of the older model fall off a cliff.... how did that work out for Nokta I wonder?  Did they get 2 years of dwindling sales while people waited? 🙂

Who's going to go out and buy a Deus right now?

For me the Deus2 will rather be the XP beach detector ( for sea and lakes ), and the Deus1 will continue to address the inland detecting market.  I think that XP will have no pb to continue to sell Deus1 machines because they are excellent for relic/coin hunting in iron trashed areas ...

On 10/29/2021 at 11:43 AM, NCtoad said:

Will it be released for sale in four days or will we just get all the info, details, pics and a release date?

gary has prolly made the videos already so he wil anounce it as well

On 10/28/2021 at 11:56 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Let me say up front that I am truly excited by the anticipation of the imminent detector releases by XP and Nokta (and possibly Garrett and ML later in 2022 or early 2023), and by the prospect of what that will bring in terms of competition and the acceleration of features and capability to the detecting community at large.  In other words I fundamentally agree with your "update wars" premise, I just have a broader view of the potential players and a foggier view of the products in play because we have so little concrete info on specs and features to go on at this point. 

On one hand you’re saying that it’s too early to speculate about any potential update wars between machines on the verge of release because it’s too early to know what they are bringing to the table, but on the other hand you want me to speculate even further to include a hypothetical Garrett machine that has not been announced but may or may not come out in the next year or so.

Honestly though, I think if I’m leaving anyone out or overlooking a sleeper it might be Rutus. I’m not impressed with the aesthetics or ergonomics of the Altex but it may end up being a performer, and they have the color screen that really takes multi to another level. 

On 10/28/2021 at 11:56 PM, Chase Goldman said:

With your permission, I'd like to speculate on Garrett's ambitions and throw them a bone before dismissing them from participating in any 2022/2023 SMF detector update wars because, at this point, they have an SMF on the street and XP/Nokta do not. 

Permission granted. Consider it a continuing and wide ranging permission, kind of like a 24/7 Detectival (see what I did there)

Yes, I’m pickin’ a bit. You dish it out plenty, often over any undotted i or uncrossed t (that’s why your name is “chase”) so I figured you’re due for a little. Now that I’ve gotten it out of my system…

Out of all the companies mentioned, I’d love to see Garrett come in for the upset. Few people would want to see an American company back on top than me. Personally, I’d love it to be Fisher, but I see no signs of life over there. One guy capable of such an upset is very sick, and the other is on other projects. So Garrett is who I have to pin my hopes on at this point. But I also have to be honest, and it’s just a gut feeling I hope I’m wrong on, but out of the 4 we are discussing I have the most hope, but the least faith that Garrett will come out on top of it in terms of sheer performance. I have no doubt they could sell and market whatever they make, but sheer performance. One thing I hope I’m dead wrong on. 

You might have the drop on Minelab though. If the others come out with truly competitive products, updates may not cut the mustard. Equinox is a bad aesthetic and ergonomic design prone to flooding and breaking. It is not worthy of the technology it holds…not even a little bit. If I were them, no matter where they are on a CTX level variant, I’d immediately revise the equinox into a 1000 version, placing Multi-IQ in a worthy housing. Short of this, their thunder might just get stolen. 

I appreciate how difficult multifrequency is. It’s not lost on me that there’s not one single DIY circuit in the wild. But I’m not convinced that a 1st design by another company not named Minelab couldn’t equal or best them. All these companies now have the benefit of Minelab’s prior work, not just Minelab. They know what they are up against and hopefully enough about how it works that they could make improvements or innovations of their own. Of all companies I’m seriously doubting that XP would release anything they aren’t sure measures up. I have less faith in Nokta but I also know how hungry and driven they are. I don’t think they are going to embarrass themselves with an inferior product either. I think they’d sooner take on a lawsuit lol. 

In the end, whatever the players are, once the root performance is ironed out, they’ll have to win us over in features. I look forward to their custody battle for us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

If I were them, no matter where they are on a CTX level variant, I’d immediately revise the equinox into a 1000 version, placing Multi-IQ in a worthy housing. Short of this, their thunder might just get stolen. 

Tom Dankowski has dropped plenty of hints about a second generation Multi-IQ device in development. Work never stops at Minelab, and by the time all these first generation productions hit the ground, Minelab will be past BBS, past FBS, and on second generation Multi-IQ. Sure, it’s possible to catch up, or even leap frog in a single bound, but prior art and experience do generally count for something. Going to be interesting - 2022 is shaping up to be the year of the multifrequency machine. :smile:

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:
41 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

Tom Dankowski has dropped plenty of hints about a second generation Multi-IQ device in development. Work never stops at Minelab, and by the time all these first generation productions hit the ground, Minelab will be past BBS, past FBS, and on second generation Multi-IQ. Sure, it’s possible to catch up, or even leap frog in a single bound, but prior art and experience do generally count for something. 2022 is shaping up to be the year of the multifrequency machine. :smile:

This seems to be the CTX level variant. It’s hard to tell where they are at with it. Sounds like a lot of experiments with things like smart glasses and other innovations. I was not a fan of smart glasses as a replacement for the cell phone, but I like it for metal detecting where critical data can be transposed into the background, instantly visible, simultaneous sight and sound. I hope they follow through on that. I hope they all do. Could easily be mounted on the headphones. What do you think of that idea? It’s been associated with XP in the past too, but seemed to be more misinformation from one of those notorious sites. BTW, this is the only forum that really has good discussion going right now. The lights seem to be out everywhere else, and in these exciting times.

• Like 2

This is the XP forum, for discussion of XP detectors. For who want to speculate on this versus that, I’ve started a new thread in the Advice & Comparisons Forum. Please go there to talk about this brand versus that brand, and leave discussion here to the Deus 2 machine alone. If anyone misses this post, I’ll be moving threads of that sort to this new catch all thread. Thanks.

I ha

1 hour ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I appreciate how difficult multifrequency is. It’s not lost on me that there’s not one single DIY circuit in the wild. But I’m not convinced that a 1st design by another company not named Minelab couldn’t equal or best them. All these companies now have the benefit of Minelab’s prior work, not just Minelab. They know what they are up against and hopefully enough about how it works that they could make improvements or innovations of their own. Of all companies I’m seriously doubting that XP would release anything they aren’t sure measures up.

XP is truly innovative but even they worked their way to Deus by cutting their teeth on other detector designs that built upon the basics of whatever new ground they were trying to plow.  I think XP's Deus 2 offering will truly be competitive and compelling even if it does not eclipse Equinox from the get go.  Remember that ML themselves could not have released Equinox without first evolving SMF from BBS to FBS to FBS+ to Multi-IQ.  Betting on XP to leap there with Deus 2 is quite optimistic, but it would great if they could pull it off.  Maybe XP will take SMF in a different direction focusing not on the transmitted waveform but more on the received signal processing aspect.  Who knows...but it's fun to speculate.

One interesting thing to recall is that there was litigation between XP and ML a few years back regarding a ML patent on PC to detector interface/control (of all things), the suit was settled quietly out of court and there was never any hint of that suit affecting Deus design attributes. It would be interesting to speculate on whether the terms of that settlement had any positive or negative impact on Deus 2 development...

• Like 2

The shaft design looks different. It looks thinner like it could be  sweep thru water easier. I've been wanting a shaft designed to sweep thru the water easier. This could be good.

Deus 2.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to New Teaser - XP Deus II