10x5 Coil And ID Numbers

On 10/28/2021 at 8:39 AM, water spider said:

along with the 5x10 possibly having a higher id has anyone noticed slightly more falsing?

I haven't noticed more falsing between the 10x5" and 11" coils per se, but I do notice more falsing in my iron impregnated park soils when it is wet with either coil. I really saw that out yesterday as the park I was in has areas that have really dried out and low areas that are still very wet. There was almost no falsing in the dry areas and a lot of falsing in the soggy areas. I also see more falsing using Iron Bias FE2 set at 0 than I do with the factory set at 6, but I've been hunting FE2 mostly at 0 lately and checking targets with FE2 at 6. This seems to be about the same in Park 1 and 2.

• Like 3

Sunday I only had less than an hour to try a few things with the new coil in my back yard.

I first thing I did was a factory reset, with factory settings, and then went to Park 1. I noticed that the coins that I had put in the ground at 3 inches deep were again like the 11 inch stock coil ID's.

I then went to Park 2, and found the same results.

With that said I believe that when I change the coils I will always do a factory reset just to save my sanity.

I hope this helps someone else who encounters this problem and a big thank you to CPT_Ghostlight for letting me know about this.

All my settings have been factory and 50 tones. I have yet tried to change anything on my grandfathers detector.

• Like 5