1935 Class Ring & 14k Wedding Band, And Nice Surprise, A Brass Compact Holding Treasure

Nice gold saves, Joe!  I love the old compacts.  I once dug one with three buffalo nickels in it, so I always open them up.  Your surf looks a little angry too. LOL

• Like 1

Very nice finds again, loved the save on the compact with the dime as it will clean up nicely.

Nice rings and sounds like you had a lot of fun, and maybe next time you hit that place up again you will have a crab for dinner.

Good luck and stay safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fine lookin' catch as usual  Joe ! 

Nice "hot spot".

Tag it with a GPS ?

That crab trap is probably going on a world tour.

That piece of water doesn't look like much fun .....🖖

• Like 1

Awesome recoveries, Joe! That compact was a time capsule, so cool!

• Like 1

Some great finds...congrats!

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:39 PM, King-Of-Bling said:

More cool stuff. Could have been a gold $5 or $10 in that compact. When you find gold it sounds like geese or a duck call ! As Costanza would say " The sea was angry my friend".

Thanks Mr KOB... ..when I first seen the edge of the coin it looks a faint yellow, but the faint out line of Dime spoiled that..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Fine lookin' catch as usual  Joe ! 

Nice "hot spot".

Tag it with a GPS ?

That crab trap is probably going on a world tour.

That piece of water doesn't look like much fun .....🖖

Thank You!...I have one open day next week, hoping I can learn the fate of the crab pot.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Erik Oostra
      First gold ring with PulseDive
      I’ve spent the last month extending my search underwater.. I’ve been using two small pony bottles which give me about 50 bars of air (the reserve of a 12 litre tank).. This lasts me about 20 minutes at 4-5 metres and to refill the little tanks takes about two hours with a small 12 volts scuba compressor (it overheats quickly even with a large fan on it).. This might sound like a waste of time and in many ways it is.. That’s why I’m saving up for a PotraHookah, which will give me 4 hours at a maximum of 10 metres, with a 4 hour battery recharge time (small lithium battery).. 
      I’ve already found a lot of coins and even more bottle tops and other crap, that’s the beauty of a dig it all detector.. The ring was buried about 1’’ deep and gave off a weak signal which I nearly ignored as just more crap.. I guess I still have to put in a bit more time on the PulseDive to get in tune with it.. I don’t really mind learning the nuances of another detector as it’s a great pleasure to be back underwater, this time to combine two interests.. I’ve been scuba diving since 1986 when I got my FAUI diving licence and a PADI instructor since 1996.. I stopped logging hours underwater at 3500 hours, and that was about a decade ago.. 
      The PulseDIve has turned out to be a great detector, especially with the 8” coil.. I just wish they made an even bigger coil for it.. I’ve thought about the Seahunter with a 14x10” coil but if I’m going to save up for a PortaHookha that’ll be a long way in the future, as they cost AU$ 1400.. In the meantime I’m sure the PulseDive will prove value for money, if only in terms of sheer enjoyment!

• By Steelheader
      I got a gold testing kit and tested the gold chain.  It’s a fake.  Talk about a letdown 😪.

Found this today in the grass at a Park.  I was using my Equinox 800.  This is the best thing that I have ever found metal detecting.  It weighs 43.5 grams and is marked 18K.

• By Againstmywill
      Rang in a solid 28, so I had a good idea it was going to be a ring. The field has a TON of trash that rings up in the 20's... mostly buried aluminum can pieces and random car parts. There are large power lines that cause interference with the wireless module which causes it to drop out a lot if I am walking in a certain direction. If I turn around, the issue goes away.
      Equinox 15", all metal, Park 1, 7 recovery

• By Againstmywill
      While at a local park, this rang in a 31 on the Equinox in Park 1, so I knew it was either a silver ring or a couple quarters stacked. Anyone able to identify the maker's mark or tell me anything about it? Thanks for the help! I believe this is the first silver ring the Coiltek has found.

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      A friend took me out on his boat Friday in search of Gold and Silver at a spot that is very hard to get too. Fours hours and all I had was several silvers but I could smell the gold.. It was close...just never found it.... Saturday I forced myself to get out of bed and go in search of that yellow stuff again (alone this time). Different beach...Water was calm.. and the tides were not the best but being what they were it forced me to hunt in the right spot.  Not a lot of targets but got into a little area I could feel it again, then about 16 inches down, out came a 12 gram 10k gold. Hunted for a while longer, then as I was walking in, "out of the blue" I got another signal. Out came a 5.8 gram X10k. Old stamp.. Final total (both hunts) 7 hours,... 2 10k golds, 13 Silvers. I've had a very "Blessed" week, 5 gold rings total (30.58 grams of gold) , 24 Silver coins..in 4 hunts, about 16 hours. Three different beaches. Winds and Tides are off this week, then that crazy day light savings time is coming.😒
      Both John and I had a good time, and interesting, I had a chance to see how well the Nox 800 with stock coil did against my 10 inch coil Stealth Excalibur. In short, I have nothing to worry about from the Nox's. No doubt the best machine to have on fresh drop beaches, but when the targets are very deep, I'm not even sure the 15 inch coil on the Nox would help.
      Wish I could get back to the one spot, the AQ would kill that place I believe, Here...when you digging a lot of silver.. the gold is right there with it. It was just to deep for the Excalibur at the first spot.
      Good Luck to everyone out there and Be Safe! 

• By Skullgolddiver
      For First I wanna Say Hi to all of You here...
      I've been far for quite a long time due to mandatory work sessions in the "other Life".
      The pandemic pushed hard on my little beach business and to pay Bills and keep my little daughter I started again with people transportation in the end of August.
      Today I was finally out for a day off walking on the beach and Also found a "promising spot to get the job done"...
      But the tone of this post Is more related to a new beach machine I'm dreaming to own for Christmas.
      So I Ask to You, my fellows beach Hunters...What Will You buy considering a Ctx, an Excal and a TDI Beachunter already owned?
      Cause the First Is a sniper discriminator but not that Deep like a Nox...(And not properly waterproof both of them)
      The second Is maybe the unstoppable pleasure Toy for a diver like me, but blind on chains and thin stuff...
      The third of my guns already drowned and reanimated a couple times, Will be my pulse last option to never remain without a machine in case of the 3rd world war...
      So...What's next?