What Would You Be Willing To Pay For The Deus 2?

NCtoad

I would not pay 2000 having an equinox per 1000. I don't think the 1000 barrier will pass much taking into account the competition that is approaching.  We are living in a new era of falling prices.

1 hour ago, brys said:

similar to apex price or new NM mf which is out on nov19  i am betting on the new nokta machine being keen on price

So you are expecting to pay 1/3 the price you pay for a new Deus even though they are adding MF.  Hmm...interesting.  🤔 

I think XP DOES need to be more price competitive and can see perhaps a lowered price point from Deus if ALL they are doing is adding an MF mode to Deus plus some other tweaks to make it a true salt beach/surf machine.  But I doubt it will make it all the way down to the Apex price point.

Frankly, I couldn't say what I would pay for any machine for which  I have not seen any published features or specs.  Same goes for comparing the imminent Nokta and XP offerings because all we really know is they will likely reuse versions of their existing stem and rod configurations (Simplex for Nokta and Deus for XP) and that the units will have multifrequency.  

Since we already know that XP (and Nokta) can deliver a high end selectable single frequency machine, it all boils down to the sophistication of the MF mode or modes implemented.  IOW will the MF be barebones basic like Apex or sophisticated and selectable like Equinox.  Other than discrimination/filters and tones customization, the rest is all bells and whistles.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

So you are expecting to pay 1/3 the price you pay for a new Deus even though they are adding MF.  Hmm...interesting.  🤔 

I think XP DOES need to be more price competitive and can see perhaps a lowered price point from Deus if ALL they are doing is adding an MF mode to Deus plus some other tweaks to make it a true salt beach/surf machine.  But I doubt it will make it all the way down to the Apex price point.

Frankly, I couldn't say what I would pay for any machine for which  I have not seen any published features or specs.  Same goes for comparing the imminent Nokta and XP offerings because all we really know is they will likely reuse versions of their existing stem and rod configurations (Simplex for Nokta and Deus for XP) and that the units will have multifrequency.  

Since we already know that XP (and Nokta) can deliver a high end selectable single frequency machine, it all boils down to the sophistication of the MF mode or modes implemented.  IOW will the MF be barebones basic like Apex or sophisticated and selectable like Equinox.  Other than discrimination/filters and tones customization, the rest is all bells and whistles.

I would guess that the new deus will be at least as sophisticated and adjustable as the existing deus, but with FMF and some other tweaks.  I would also hope and expect it to be as well made as the existing model.  

• Like 2

I’m waiting to see what others have to say about the multifrequency mode before I make a decision about whether to buy a used Deus 1 or go all in on a Deus 2. If it ends up being a Deus 1 + Equinox level performance I will buy a Deus 2 almost regardless of debut price. Same would go for other multifrequency units. I’ve been saving over the last year for just this scenario. If however the Deus 2 isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, I’ll just buy someone’s gently used Deus 1 as they move up to Deus 2. I’ll play a wait and see game about how Deus 2 improves over time. Any way you look at it there are new machines in my future. I’m probably most excited and reserved for the CTX level Multi-IQ variant. That’s the main event as far as I’m concerned and what I’ve been saving most of my money for. It does feel good to be financially ready and set for this though. I couldn’t imagine looking from outside in without the means in these times. 

With Equinox 800 at $949 I can’t see me going more than $1500, but that presupposes Deus 1 having a price reduction. The thing would have to really be something to get twice what an E800 goes for. If it’s $2000 plus I’ll wait for the first used ones, assuming I want one.

• Like 5

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Makes one wonder.  Don’t forget about the ORX.  Deus 1 may go bye bye.  ORX, could it be updated to do all Deus does.  Then Deus 2 is priced tad more than Deus 1 is/was.  I guess one could asked, who would buy a Deus 1 after Deus 2 releases?  Euro detecting    one isn’t giving up much for target location using ORX versus Deus 1.  It will be interesting.  I am presuming Deus 2 will do all Deus 1 will do and then some.  I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Makes one wonder.  Don’t forget about the ORX.  Deus 1 may go bye bye.  ORX, could it be updated to do all Deus does.  Then Deus 2 is priced tad more than Deus 1 is/was.  I guess one could asked, who would buy a Deus 1 after Deus 2 releases?  Euro detecting    one isn’t giving up much for target location using ORX versus Deus 1.  It will be interesting.  I am presuming Deus 2 will do all Deus 1 will do and then some.  I could be wrong.

Totally agree! I can't see the need for the original Deus if the Deus 2 will do everything it will and more.

I'm willing to pay $1500 for the Deus 2. If it's more than that I think I would sit out the initial release and wait for the reviews to come in. It would need to replace both my Equinox 800 and Deus to justify a price over $1500 for me personally.

• Like 3

It will be much clearer once we see the features list for the Deus 2 from XP, but if it is a Deus with SMF signal processing/modes/settings added plus tweaks to the user interface (more memory slots, some of the Orx UI inhancements such as pop up TID, iron probability graph, and the one-button ground grab), more robust controller packaging to accommodate environmental protection and water hunting, a wired coil signal option > I'm in if they offer it at or around Deus 1 pricing.

I too agree that if Deus 2 is truly a Deus 1 + SMF and other enhancements above, there are only 2 real options:

1. Retire Deus 1 and tweak Orx to include some additional custom memory slots (and improve screen navigation to access those slots at the touch of a button) and include full and pitch tones; and maybe: 5 tones, and adjustable iron volume, though I personally would be OK without those last two tweaks.  I'm good with all the other parameter adjustments limitations with Orx.
  2. Retire Orx, lower Deus 1 pricing and add some of the Orx user interface enhancements to provide similar look and feel.  The Orx ease of use aspect could be easily implemented with some properly chosen beginner default modes.

Bonus enhancements to control navigation - voice control! Touch screens are all well and good, but fail miserably when you have muddy gloves on - it is unreliable and you destroy the screen.  But voice control offers numerous possibilities especially in the way I typically detect.  I am an audio first guy when it comes to searching.  When I hit a signal of interest, I either dig or scoop it if it is a no brainer.  But more often than not I go into interrogate mode - I rotate around and wiggle the coil to zero in on the target if it is giving me mixed tones (this is not for the purpose of pinpointing for recovery, but for the purpose of target interrogation), I may then hit the target with different modes, frequencies, audio, and of course interpret what visual ID is telling me.  It takes mere seconds but having to navigate menus and such with buttons definitely slows the process down. Having voice control to enable me to instantaneously change settings as necessary when I'm interrogating a target would really enhance my detecting experience and could really speed things up in trash, for my style of detecting.

If the performance enhancements XP is incorporating into Deus rival some of the processing magic of what Tarsacci does in hot dirt to improve ferrous vs. non-ferrous target differentiation at depth, then I would literally bump my price point up by $500 since the only other detector I would need beside the Deus 2 would be my GPX.

I guess the only other comment I have is that since XP decided to go with Deus 2 that tells us a couple of things:  first of all, they apparently are not shooting for an Orx price point (or it would have been called Orx 2 😀) and they intend to likely keep the Deus baseline function that are popular with the XP faithful, otherwise they woukd have made the marketing folks work harder on the name to reflect a completely revamped detecting platform...

• Like 2

• The title was changed to What Would You Be Willing To Pay For The Deus 2?