What Would You Be Willing To Pay For The Deus 2?

NCtoad

I think we look nerdy enough using our detectors without people seeing us talk to them too, I can just see it now... a guy in a park using his detector with headphones on and a crowd of people around him laughing with him completely unaware they're there and him talking away to his detector to adjust settings.

It'd be

"Come on your stupid detector, I said recovery 3, RECOVERY 3!  R E C O V E R Y 3!

😛

• Haha 3

What I saw posted on Dankowski's

DEUS II Metal Detector with 9" FMF Search Coil and WS6 Backphone Headphones
SKU: DEUS2-22FMRCWS6EA
Retail $1599

DEUS II Metal Detector with 11" FMF Search Coil and WS6 Backphone Headphones
deusii-metal-detector-11-ws6
SKU: DEUS2-28FMRCWS6EA
Retail $1599

Probably looking at 2K with the remote.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

• The title was changed to What Would You Be Willing To Pay For The Deus 2?

Controller included here for $1599, unless they screwed the ad up, which is possible. The same machine goes for $1599 Euros overseas, considerably more. The description does not mention, but clear in multiple pictures.

https://www.metaldetector.com/deus-ii-metal-detector-9-ws6

deus-2-multi-frequency-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 2

Issue for me is more room than price right now. I used to have a full room available for metal detecting equipment and other technology. At that time I had up to 13 detectors. But everyone kept complaining that I’d disappear into my little man cave, so eventually I turned it into a walk in closet for the wife and integrated my office space into the living room. Now I only have space for up to 5 machines at a time. I can take on one more before I have to start giving up one to get one. So I have to choose carefully. If I take something on it has to do something different/better than those in my lineup. If the Deus 2 could truly be a Deus 1 and an equinox all in one I could take it on, part ways with equinox and still have room for one more. There’s no guarantee that it will be either of those things, however. There’s no telling what compromises had to be made to make Deus 2 what it is. Minelab couldn’t replicate Deus 1 performance in single frequency modes on equinox, and I’m sure they tried. As long as I have this sorted out by Spring I’ll be fine here in NY. There’s only days to weeks of detecting left here before the ground becomes too hard to cut through. I’m very eager to see Deus 2 in some hands and what they can do as soon as possible. 

Here’s why I would pay $1600 for the deus II:

6EC99794-B116-4810-98CE-68EC08D3FCE1.thumb.png.752ec28f68f89473a3c24cd96eeef72a.png

This is taken from XP’s website.  It looks like xp products are built to last.  They have a 5 year warranty!   I haven’t checked, but I would suspect this is one of the longer, if not the longest warranty in the metal detector manufacturing business.  Kudos to XP!

• Like 3