What Would You Be Willing To Pay For The Deus 2?

NCtoad

$2499 in Australia........😢

• Oh my! 3

Worse in NZ.  Bugger that, it would have to be something very special to pay that for it. 

1006102487_xpdeus2.thumb.jpg.6e8cf8ccbf030bffddff4e34c9ccc0a5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Does sound expensive, though I love my Deus to bits and will be likely to upgrade in the future. 

Just keen to see what it is capable of before taking a leap - the tones/audio on offer will also be of great interest.

When the Deus1 was released in 2010 , its price was around 1500e . Now it is around 1000e :Détecteur XP DEUS 22RC X35 - Metaux-detection.fr

It will be the same for the Deus2 , the prices will decrease .. 

• Like 2

Interestingly when the XP first started to trickle into the states, it was a curiosity.  Didn't seem like it went more mainstream over here until they had some dealership and warranty repair logistics ironed out years later.  I like the low weight, but since I replaced my F75 with my Nok/Mak machines, I don't need another iron hunter and actually the Equinox is a fine iron hunter when set up right using the right coil.

Anyhow that said, I didn't pay a lot of attention to the XP.  We have some detecting friends that mainly hunt highly mineralized gold country dirt and the hard core hunters switched from Etrac/CTX/EQX to the XP to noodle around in the iron.  Now if you can take the best of the EQX and the XP and combine them into a better physical package with better ergo, battery life, better water proofing PLUS some new features or performance enhancements would be required to charge double what I paid for my EQX800 when it was brand new and attract my attention.  Let's see, it's certainly an interesting development!!

• Like 3

I think this deus 2 is stillborn. Too expensive, no big innovations. I think that XP is completely wrong. Where brands like Minelab give access to simultaneous multi frequencies or Garrett with its Apex, XP still makes you pay full price. I live in France and I found a very interesting article about this machine. Sorry it's in French, but at least this blog is not linked to a store that sells this product and shows all the deceit of this detector. https://www.savoir-tout-sur-tout.fr/xp-deus-2-fmf-detecteur/

The processing of the Deus is done in the coil as doing it in the control pod would not work well using wireless, it'd be slow to send the signal to the control box, process it and send it back to the coil.  The Chinese mental detector MD3030 would end up being faster.  If it just had a "standard" version available with coil cables it'd make the coils for it cheaper and open them up to another market that don't want to pay as much for a detector and don't care about the wireless.

They could potentially make a Deus 2 Basic or something to be more competitive in price with other detectors that is a wired version if they wanted to take more of the market share.

It's good they've done some work on the audio as it's rare people say good things about the audio sound. 

"In terms of sound, the user will have the choice between 5 different sound modes (PWM, SQUARE, Pinpoint, Pitch PWM and Pitch Square) themselves adjustable to have a more punchy or round sound according to the tastes of each one."

I found this statement from the French article interesting.... Not sure how correct it is.

"MF like Fast Multi Frequency or, for good French speakers that we are, a true simultaneous multifrequency detector. A revolution ? Not really, because this technology was already presented 2 years ago by Minelab with its Equinox 600 and 800 and its Multi IQ. the Xplorer company filed its patent in 2016 not far without difficulty in the face of the technological similarity of the FMF with that of Minelab. Can we say that the FMF is better than the Multi IQ, no! Because the 2 technologies are identical and are only differentiated by the territorial origin of the patent.

We will therefore have the choice, with this Deus 2 FMF, of being able to choose 49 frequencies ranging from 4 to 45 Khz divided into 7 frequency ranges: 4, 7, 15, 21, 28, 35, 45 kHz on 24 programs (12 programs factories and 12 additional customizable programs) and can be chosen individually or simultaneously, i.e. all frequencies at the same time. As always with XP this large number of advanced frequencies is to be put into perspective, because XP has always counted the frequency shifts as natural frequencies as is the case on the first Deus of the name or the ORX."

4 hours ago, lemarquez said:

I think this deus 2 is stillborn. Too expensive, no big innovations. I think that XP is completely wrong. Where brands like Minelab give access to simultaneous multi frequencies or Garrett with its Apex, XP still makes you pay full price. I live in France and I found a very interesting article about this machine. Sorry it's in French, but at least this blog is not linked to a store that sells this product and shows all the deceit of this detector. https://www.savoir-tout-sur-tout.fr/xp-deus-2-fmf-detecteur/

In 2010 too there were people arguing that XP was completely wrong with their Deus ... I wish XP to be as wrong with the Deus2 as they were with the Deus1 ... 😀 😹

• Like 1