Deus 2, Nokta Multi, Equinox 1000, All In 2022!

• The title was changed to Deus 2, Nokta Multi, Equinox 1000, All In 2022?

Well it's beginning to look like 2022 could be an expensive year. 😎 No detector will ever be the do all, be all... or will it? But with the spirit of competition very alive and well, we win, and this coming year may be the best ever for detector choices.

• Like 2

For me it's all pretty simple. Equinox hits on more of my detecting needs across the board than any other single detector. The big defining issue, for me, is an ability to work very well in saltwater, while also being top of game for finding gold nuggets. Before Equinox, those two things were always mutually exclusive, requiring two detectors. That is because tuning out saltwater tunes out part of the gold signal, and detectors made for saltwater use never were any good at gold prospecting. Equinox changed that, in that it is both a top tier saltwater detector, and one of the best gold prospecting VLFs made. The fact it's top of class for coin and relic detecting is almost a bonus for me, but something I also desire

We all have our key criteria, but mine is fairly simple. Just be as good as an Equinox, but be better balanced, or better waterproofed, or both. The same capability, in a better quality package, is all it would take to sell me. Access to more coils faster, via third party support, would be a huge plus also.

I have a Simplex, and frankly, I don't find the Simplex to be any better in the ego department than the Equinox. Both are straight shaft, whereas I prefer a S shaft on detectors weighing under 4 lbs, straight shaft on models over 4 lbs. Deus sets the standard there, so the XP offering has promise for me just based on that. I prefer Equinox tones to Simplex tones, so hopefully the NM model is better there. XP on the other hand, would have to go waterproof and wired coils to suit me. Long story short, it will not be easy to make me switch from Equinox, and I'm not inclined any longer to just buy and try. Either they look like a serious replacement for what I already have, or I'll just sit it out and wait. I'm not going to get sucked into any "it goes deeper" nonsense either. I've done this too much, and am tired of splitting hairs in that regard. Again, this is just me, but I'm looking for an Equinox in a better balanced, more waterproof package, whether it is from Minelab, or any of their competitors. Anything else, and I'll pass.

The truth is I am almost at detecting perfection with just two detectors right now, the GPX 6000 plus Equinox 800. The 6000 is my primary detector, with Equinox for everything it can't do. I do have a 24K as it has a slight edge for small nugget detecting over Equinox, mostly via it's coil designs, which are more made for nugget detecting than the Equinox options. But that's a quibble, and I could live without the 24K before I'd go without the Equinox, if I had to choose. The only real lack I'm feeling right now is for a PI detector that will handle hot rocks and beach conditions where the 6000 struggles. Something GPX 5000 or even just ATX class, but in a better, lighter package. Impulse Gold maybe?

So the only detector I am really in the market for is another PI. I'm quite happy with my Equinox, and it can only get replaced by something at least as good, but which also improves on the Equinox weak spots. So I'll follow all this with interest, but I have no plans of getting any of these new multi models just to try them out and report on them. I'm pretty well done with all that, and it will be up to others to do that sort of thing. I just don't have time for it any more.

• Like 7

I’m ready for these new machines, financially and otherwise. I’m just wondering how relevant machines like my CTX-3030 and V3i will be by the end of this. Will they be completely supplanted or will they still have their place. Will anyone else incorporate a color screen or some form of graphics that really bring simultaneous multifrequency to the next level? To me, that 3 frequency color spectrograph of the V3i has been supremely helpful in sorting trash from treasure, and one target from another in pinpoint no motion. I’m also a fan of CTXs target trace and ability to display multiple target results. But color screens are also power hungry, requiring a bigger battery, more circuitry, and more weight. It seems like we are heading in the opposite direction. If all of 2022 releases are just an equinox by another name I won’t be as motivated to buy as I would if at least one combines all the best of simultaneous multifrequency designs. The equinox 1000 or whatever it ends up being is going to be the main event or grand finale of this SMF blitz in my thinking. That’s the one most likely to combine the best of equinox and CTX features. But XP or NM may surprise me next month. There’s some reason we are seeing the screens or control boxes last. Maybe a surprise coming. And don’t forget the Rutus Atrex, which we know will/does have color graphics, including signagraph. The pity for Rutus is that the Atrex is not waterproof, which is another good way to waste what multifrequency has to offer.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Deus 2, Nokta Multi, Equinox 1000, All In 2022!

I guess the problem there is catering to people like me who hunt by ear. I appreciate a great display, but end of day, it sounds good, I dig it. As a prospector, most of my detecting hours are with machines that have no target information on screen. Water hunters also lean more on audio that screens for obvious reasons. There just does not seem to be much demand driving that part of the design equation, so Rutus Atrex may be your best hope, although if I am reading right, it is selectable frequency, not SMF.

• Like 3

First of all, it is an effective deep detection or unmasking of a good signal masked by iron .....

Target identification can be very important ... if you focus on detecting a certain type of target .....

A certain type of signal graph can be important ... because it suggests what type of signal it can be .... and especially if you use advanced signal processing for comparison - such as "Multifilter" and "Smart audio" at Atrex ...

The color screen not only increases the comfort of detection, but it can also help to read the signal from the signal graph faster ... and I can say that a person will quickly get used to good things ...

This year I had the opportunity and I have the opportunity to use 2 new multifrequency detectors of 2021 .... AKA INTRONIK and RUTUS ATREX ... both detectors are very effective in detection ...

This means proving targets really effectively ...

I can say that every Top detector of a manufacturer I own ... may have a special advantage in a certain type of detection in a given type of detection ...... and that is ... why I will prefer it, for example, over another type of detector. in front of another detector model .... which I also own ..

If new detectors from Minelab, XP, and Nokta macro come out in 2022 .. I will have to prove improved decoction properties not only against my predecessors ... but also against my competitors ...

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, EL NINO77 said:

First of all, it is an effective deep detection or unmasking of a good signal masked by iron .....

Target identification can be very important ... if you focus on detecting a certain type of target .....

A certain type of signal graph can be important ... because it suggests what type of signal it can be .... and especially if you use advanced signal processing for comparison - such as "Multifilter" and "Smart audio" at Atrex ...

The color screen not only increases the comfort of detection, but it can also help to read the signal from the signal graph faster ... and I can say that a person will quickly get used to good things ...

This year I had the opportunity and I have the opportunity to use 2 new multifrequency detectors of 2021 .... AKA INTRONIK and RUTUS ATREX ... both detectors are very effective in detection ...

I’m more of this line of thinking. If we aren’t going to keep moving forward in visual tools there’s little sense in moving off the tools I already have. I use my ears first but my eyes are still very much in the decision making. Lots of targets sound good, but there are dead visual giveaways that it’s a hard pass. This is very important in cherry picking or not tearing up public spaces too bad by digging too many plugs at one time. 

• Like 2

Hey, don’t get me wrong! I’m not against better display methods at all. All for them in fact, and if they can be had on my future machine, all the better. I was just stating what I see as the reasons why there seems to be little impetus towards that sort of thing.

That said, I’ll never pass on a target that sounds good, just because a display says otherwise. The best discrimination I have is my eyeballs, and I’m not afraid to use them! :smile:

• Like 3

Maybe my waiting will pay off after all.

• Like 1