Deus 2, Nokta Multi, Equinox 1000, All In 2022!

6 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

I don't think the Deus II has taken the wind out of the Equinox's sails yet. Maybe on the beach. In 6 months I may be singing a different tune, but for now I've yet to see anything that would make me dump my Equinox's.

The Legacy of 'Lawnchair Larry'. Larry Walters was a truck driver by… | by  K. Daniel Glover | Medium

Oh I agree, but still 🙂

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'd happily cruise in on a Martin Jetpack brandishing the new CTX 6060

... and for a mere $16K you get a flying beach chair with the biggest DD coil you ever saw built right into the chair legs with a detecting depth of 20 meters! Take my money now!! 😄

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, longbow62 said:

I don't think the Deus II has taken the wind out of the Equinox's sails yet. Maybe on the beach. In 6 months I may be singing a different tune, but for now I've yet to see anything that would make me dump my Equinox's.

Me either. Really all it’s doing for me is giving me the 9” round coil that Minelab, or anyone else, refuses to make for the Nox. And maybe the best S rod made. Other then that, I’ll just be open minded and hope that this XP will stick around longer then my last two.

• Like 1

After many years of 'admiring' the Deus but turned off by the high price here in Canada, I've already decided to 'bite' on the Deus 2 (with 9" coil). BTW, it'll cost $2100 + 13% up here, ouch!

I like that it's a better Deus 1 (Deus 2 Mono program) AND an SMF machine that will get a lot of SW updates over the months/years to come. It's ergos/light weight speak to me... I should be able to spend more time moving it around before tiring.

Being new, it will allow me to visit every old (can you say exhausted) spot within a 40 minute driving radius of my home and I 'probably' will be able to find a few more keepers, well, just because it's new and I'll be trying different programs/settings with it. Should be fun which is what it's ultimately all about, eh...and as I long as it can sniff out loonies and toonies, it will eventually pay for itself (faster if I can find a few gold rings!). 

cheers all from the frigid north (hopefully the new Deus won't be delivered by truck, lol)

• Like 1