Help With Minelab Model For Nc Gold

botics

Have you been finding gold so far using what you've got? You've got some really good detectors there for finding gold especially the Equinox and ATX and both are suited well for creeks being waterproof.

Some interesting reading for you on your ATX, it's a very good PI detector.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, botics said:

Just curious about detecting creeks and land. Should I invest in PI detector for Western NC gold searching?

That honestly depends more on your access to the right locations. Everything back east tends to be controlled access, mostly private lands, as public areas are often off limits. That being the case, I'd explore your possibilities there before worrying at all about other detectors. Your Equinox 800 plus ATX is just fine, until you can put yourself on ground where something else might help.

• Like 4

Oops typo. I’m meant the AT Gold. But yes Steve most areas are controlled but I have a few creeks on my property that I would like to explore.

Plus living in Miami for beach hunting I thought maybe there would be a benefit over my CTX 3030. Perhaps I am wrong.

If you are just wanting to get a new PI, a GPX 5000 is a step up from the ATX, but not waterproof. Still ,very popular with beach and relic hunters, not just prospectors. The Minelab SDC 2300 is another option, great for NC gold prospecting, but the 8" hardwired coil limits it somewhat. There are some aftermarket coil options for the SDC, but if coil options are the thing, the 5000 is the better investment.

The GPX 6000 does not have iron ID and it just has a heavy rain resistant control box, otherwise it’s a great detector for creeks since the coil is submersible, lighter in weight,  and it has less cords to deal with. Also, this detector reaches a new level on smaller sub gram placer gold, definitely worth the extra money over the GPX 5000. 

Ron,s detectors

C4D344EE-1D7B-41F2-8B50-50626B53BFE8.jpeg

• Like 1

If you’re ok with digging all targets with the GPX 6000 and feel confident that the corrosive salt water will not get into the control box then it will go deeper than the CTX 3030.

• Like 1

Some of the creeks where you live do have gold in them, I would first suggest that you do some panning or sluicing first.

The 800 with the Coil tech 10x5 coil would be your next step to search the creeks.

I hope this helps and saves you time and money.

• Like 1