Rye Patch Nv Keys Found

Chuck L. from Boise,  Idaho is at the Rye Patch NV detector training and just found this set of keys.  Contact Gerry's Detectors Www.gerrysdetectors.com if they belong to you or you know who they belong.  

20211030_125252.jpg

• Like 3

Never, never, never carry your keys away from your vehicle. A basic rule for all serious outdoor people. The keys accomplish nothing without the vehicle, so why carry them away from it?

Jim

• Like 5

I’m usually 30 or more miles away from cell phone service on my more remote adventures. A spare key is a necessity on the vehicle and a battery shutoff switch to keep door lights and accessories from draining the battery on multi day trips.

Ron’s Detector’s

D78CB766-E3CC-4B76-ABAE-D50D718C39F1.jpeg

• Like 3

On 10/30/2021 at 1:08 PM, LuckyLundy said:

Worst nightmare, with no spare at Truck!

Are you saying these are your keys or this same situation happened?

I used to glue a spare key into the wheelwell with black silicone before the dang blasted key fobs were invented, now what do I do? 🤔

14 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

Never, never, never carry your keys away from your vehicle. A basic rule for all serious outdoor people. The keys accomplish nothing without the vehicle, so why carry them away from it?

Jim

Not sure about that. Car theft is common even without keys left. It is an equal nightmare scenario to come back after detecting and the truck is gone. I always have my keys with me and at a safe place in my backpack.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Not sure about that. Car theft is common even without keys left. It is an equal nightmare scenario to come back after detecting and the truck is gone. I always have my keys with me and at a safe place in my backpack.

Sometimes leaving keys behind is a good idea. My wife’s crew left their lunchboxes under the truck for the cool shade, and I suggested that she leave the keys in one of them or put a flagging note on the steering wheel to remind her about the boxes before driving off.  Well, they were all lined up neatly under the truck and she proceeded to run all of them over. She forgot my advice and I never said “I told you so”.

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

9 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Me too.  I also have a spare in my truck that is very well hidden.   I can replace my glass for a lot less money then I can my keys.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

I didn't suggest leaving them in the vehicle....dohhh. But, hide them nearby.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1