GPX 6000 Update?

jasong

There seems to be some kind of update to the 6000. I haven't had time to read through it all and doubt I will get the time because I'm swamped with non-prospecting stuff. But I noticed a new FCC filing on the 6000 related to something along the Bluetooth lines last week, I can only hope it helps the EMI issues but I have zero idea.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, jasong said:

There seems to be some kind of update to the 6000 as well. I haven't had time to read through it all and doubt I will get the time because I'm swamped with non-prospecting stuff. But I noticed a new FCC filing on the 6000 related to something along the Bluetooth lines last week, I can only hope it helps the EMI issues but I have zero idea.

Fixing the EMI issues would help me with the 6000 and using mono coils on the beach.  I had high hopes that the mono coils would work, since I've always used the DD coils. When I found out that the 14DD coil on the 6000 does not operate like a normal DD coil does, I didn't realize that it's more like a 7" coil and not like a 14" coil. I knew it was different, but I thought that was for EMI or salt compensation. I didn't realize it would act as a smaller coil does. So in a way I don't think I will be able to ever get the depth on a beach that the 5000 can, unless they fix the EMI issues and I buy the 17" mono coil.

It could be something as basic as simply resubmitting to meet FCC specifications. I just briefly saw the documents, saw it was at least partly related to Bluetooth. I just stopped here to see if anyone else had already figured out what it was. Sometimes I've seen products have to get retested by the FCC so it could be that, or fixing/improving something. Hard to tell. 

I'm hoping to get some serious hours in on the 6000 this winter. Right now my focus is entirely on other things though or I'd go read through it all. ML had some new Bluetooth headphones too I thought coming out? Could be related to that as well, I'm so far behind on things I dont know which way is up anymore with detecting.