My First Impressions And Tests Of Goldmaster 24K

EL NINO77

My first impressions of ... Garrett Goldmaster 24K is a very stable and yet fully powerful detector on a 6x10 "coil ...

It can also be issued ..on 3 low - conductivity targets on my test field .. a piece of 0.05 gram gold stored at 10cm, a small 14mm silver earring at a depth of 20cm and a 14mm silver hammered coin placed at 23cm..in mild terrain ... Goldmaster on sensitivity 10. .and at low, and medium SAT can detect them nicely ... and I like deep VDI target identification .... in this test.
Tests were done on discrimination and on audio 2 tone ...

such very deep signals .... you already have in the identification of VDI 95 -99...

What really interested me in this test is that the detector retains the same range on such mild terrain as in the air test ... Airtest 0.1gram of gold is at 10.5 cm ,,, at 14 mm hammered it is 22-23 cm ... at discrimination and 2 tone audio ..

Now mineralization ..
At Sensitivity 7 ... it is stable even at strong mineralization of the "golden forest" with a value of 6 bar F3o4 / magnetite ..
 But I will make more comparisons on various mineralized terrains..strength magnetite, hematite and various minerals ... such as Tesinite, Hematite type  quartz from Pirenenei and iron stone ...

Now VDI identification ...
Identification of VDI Goldmaster 24k ... is very well and interestingly done ...

1.on VDI 50-60 you can identify very low conductive gold objects such as very small open gold earrings, 3mm stud earrings ,, at level 60 -70 other slightly gold low conductive objects .. ,,,,

2. on VDI 70-80 you can already identify some medium-sized old low-conductivity bronze objects ...., such as a Roman buckle .., or parts of it ...

3. VDI 80-88 .... will be a zone of low and medium conductive silver and gold hammered coins ,, as well as more modern coins based on nickel alloys ...

4 .. VDI ..90-99 ... is a zone of very many silver and copper coins .... highly conductive coins ..
 I am satisfied with the fact that the Goldmaster 24K on the 6X10 "DD coil can correctly identify in the zone of non-ferrous targets VDI 99 ... a 42mm -28 gram large silver  ..high conductivity coin ..- 1.Thaler 1870 M-T ... which is a coin the  similar size of 1 silver dollar ...

• Like 5

It's interesting that you point out the air test depth in mild soils of small gold is about the same as the in ground test, I too have noticed the same thing.  This to me means it handles my soil very well, very few other detectors that have similar results for me other than the GPX and GPZ which I guess you'd expect. 

I'd be interested to see how the 24k handles nasty soil, as it handles my milder soil well and hot rocks very well.  I have a few areas I could take it to where I'd put it through hell, I just haven't had a chance yet as it's hard to get away with my daughter in school.  I will probably go away over Christmas and stay in some gold areas and give it a workout.  One particular creek where I've done well the hot rocks drive me mad and the PI and GPZ are just too big and bulky to take into this wild creek, the 24k seems to handle hot rocks better than the other detectors I've tried in this particular spot so who knows, I might be on a winner.

• Like 2

I did some of the first comparative tests ... on various mineralized materials ...

For many it will be an interesting test on 97% magnetite .... and Garrett Goldmaster 24K at the lowest sensitivity 0 ,, and sensitivity1 can be stable over such mineralized material ,, if you have a coil about 5 cm high to prevent overload .... ... ,, it is even more important that it can detect a small coin on the surface of such an extreme 97% magnetite mineralized material ...

Most of the top detectors .... on this material there is an overload at a height of 15-20 cm ..... or at a low detector setting .. it cannot detect any large coin ... because the detector circuits are saturated with a strong ground signal ..

I will try to do a similar test on 0.5 grams of gold ........ and this test will be really interesting ... 

I'll try another test on Iron Stone .... and 0.5 grams of gold .. where many Top detectors can give a false positive non ferous  signal to this mineralizing stone ...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

My first impressions of ... Garrett Goldmaster 24K is a very stable and yet fully powerful detector on a 6x10 "coil ...

It can also be issued ..on 3 low - conductivity targets on my test field .. a piece of 0.05 gram gold stored at 10cm, a small 14mm silver earring at a depth of 20cm and a 14mm silver hammered coin placed at 23cm..in mild terrain ... Goldmaster on sensitivity 10. .and at low, and medium SAT can detect them nicely ... and I like deep VDI target identification .... in this test.
Tests were done on discrimination and on audio 2 tone ...

such very deep signals .... you already have in the identification of VDI 95 -99...

What really interested me in this test is that the detector retains the same range on such mild terrain as in the air test ... Airtest 0.1gram of gold is at 10.5 cm ,,, at 14 mm hammered it is 22-23 cm ... at discrimination and 2 tone audio ..

Now mineralization ..
At Sensitivity 7 ... it is stable even at strong mineralization of the "golden forest" with a value of 6 bar F3o4 / magnetite ..
 But I will make more comparisons on various mineralized terrains..strength magnetite, hematite and various minerals ... such as Tesinite, Hematite type  quartz from Pirenenei and iron stone ...

Now VDI identification ...
Identification of VDI Goldmaster 24k ... is very well and interestingly done ...

1.on VDI 50-60 you can identify very low conductive gold objects such as very small open gold earrings, 3mm stud earrings ,, at level 60 -70 other slightly gold low conductive objects .. ,,,,

2. on VDI 70-80 you can already identify some medium-sized old low-conductivity bronze objects ...., such as a Roman buckle .., or parts of it ...

3. VDI 80-88 .... will be a zone of low and medium conductive silver and gold hammered coins ,, as well as more modern coins based on nickel alloys ...

4 .. VDI ..90-99 ... is a zone of very many silver and copper coins .... highly conductive coins ..
 I am satisfied with the fact that the Goldmaster 24K on the 6X10 "DD coil can correctly identify in the zone of non-ferrous targets VDI 99 ... a 42mm -28 gram large silver  ..high conductivity coin ..- 1.Thaler 1870 M-T ... which is a coin the  similar size of 1 silver dollar ...

I think the VDI is more a probability indicator of whether a target is ferrous or non-ferrous, than a straight up VDI system. At least that's what they are calling it. Like they had on the White's GMT. The GMT had no numbers displayed however, just the bar graph. The 24K adds a numeric reading.

On gold it works more on target size, the larger the nugget, the higher the number, but it depends on the gold. The difference as a probability system may not matter, even if it actually exists. Which I never worked with enough to find out for myself, and would have to think about it to decide if there is even a way to test for that. Obviously coins always fall in a certain spot, so it may be a standard VDI system, that they are just calling a probability meter. The color bar up top is a classic VDI scale, ferrous/gold/silver. Long story short, a person should be able to coin hunt just fine with the 24K.

I don't think this is a detector based on the GMT anyway, but is another MX variant.

It's great to have such a fine analytical mind as your at work on this!

goldmaster-24k-target-vdi.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I don't think this is a detector based on the GMT anyway, but is another MX variant.

I have noticed that in 2 tone audio there is that differently pitched background tone between the non-ferrous and ferrous tone which sounds just like the MXT and MX5/MX7 in relic mode. So I agree that the Garrett 24K is much more like a high frequency MX model than the original GMT.

One of the best target responses I had yesterday while gold prospecting in some super bad dirt was from a US wheat penny that ended up being 6" deep. It was bouncing between 50 and 70 (normally high 90s) and really got me excited until I realized what it was. Still a great find and proves how well both the probability meter/VDI system and the XGB ground balance system work on the 24K. My Deus mineralization bar is always on maximum at this site.

• Like 3

I have a  Finger Lake where they brought in sand from a gravel pit and it was overloading on the sand at max  sensitivity.   I had to  lower it  to about 5. On the sand past the 30 yard  mark I could go back to 10.This is with the 6" concentric on my GMX in the water.I found a  couple  steel stud earrings a few coins and some clad jewelry. I have a 4mm 10k stud earring buried at 2.5 inches near trash and it  gives me a soft  zip.The Nox with the 11 coil cannot  isolate it to give me a distinct response from the trash.I can also hit a thin 10k white gold  ring  that won't fit on my   little finger at 11 inches.The 11'' coil on the Nox hits this target with plenty of room to spare

• Like 2

Steve .. you're right ... that the VDI calculation also includes the conductivity of the material, and there is definitely a difference between a highly conductive pure 24K..gold and, for example, a low-conductivity gold alloy ...

.....The VDI range of the tested objects is ....from 53VDI / down-small piece of  gold chain / .........to 91VDI / up 0.5 gram 24K gold / ..... ....Also note the relative size and weight of the individual gold objects: 0.01 gram 24k gold =VDI 70

0.02 gram 24k gold=VDI 77

0.1 gram 24k gold =VDI 85

0.5 gram 24k gold=VDI 91

....The picture shows various tested targets with supplemented real VDI target numbers in this test .

...You will enlarge this picture and see the VDI identification for the tested  gold objects.

IMG_20211031_084526.jpg

• Like 2

Test of the new Garrett Goldmaster 24 ... for 0.5 grams of 24 carat gold under the IRON STONE ...

IRON stone is strongly mineralized ... so the sensitivity is stable at Sensitivity 5 max ...
Sensitivity 6 will already give an answer to the Iron Stone itself.

Many top VLF detectors  it s problem eliminate the signal from this Iron Stone and give this Mineralized Stone a positive non-ferrous response ..

For effective and stable detection on such a heavily mineralized Iron Stone, it is important to set the detector correctly, which can successfully eliminate the mineralization response from the iron stone and still give a stable and reliable signal at 0.5 grams of 24k gold under this Iron Stone ...

For effective detection, it is important to set the detector to mode 2 Ton audio ... and Threshold 3-4 ... Setting 2 tones according to all better signal filters and can smooth the Threshold and data Stable Threshold response to the target in such an extremely strong mineralization ... under IRON STONE ...

So mod 2 TONE   AUDIO...can be more efficient in such a situation than VCO mod ... because with VCO you will have to go with the sensitivity significantly lower ..

Goldmaster 24K setup in test ...
 Sensitivity 5
 Setting 2 -Tone audio

SAT- medium 
Threshold 3-4
Volume 8
Tracking Locked ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2