Nice ring for the hunt, wish I could help on the makers mark but I have no idea.

Good luck on your next outing and good luck on the markings.

• Thanks 1

looks like some sort of tribal symbol of a bird aztec/ Indian in nature...just guessing...

how do you like the 10x5 ? I was on a hunt yesterday noticed that some of the targets I was digging were off to the right center of the coil from where I thought they were..I was however digging in an area where there was lots of Iron...gotta look into it more. 

strick 

6 hours ago, strick said:

how do you like the 10x5 ? I was on a hunt yesterday noticed that some of the targets I was digging were off to the right center of the coil from where I thought they were..I was however digging in an area where there was lots of Iron.

The targets I have dug have generally been centered, but many of the targets I find are within the first 4 inches. For these shallow finds, the tip of the coil does a brilliant job locating the target using the wiggle method. In fact, I can generally locate the target and place my Garrott carrot on that location within a 1/2" of the target. I did have 2 times yesterday when the target was off to the right of where I thought, but those were deeper and I believe iron of some sort. I like the coil, but getting used to such a small coil is hard after using the 15" almost exclusively for a couple years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

I did have 2 times yesterday when the target was off to the right of where I thought, but those were deeper and I believe iron of some sort.

With the stock 11" coil, often when I dig where I think a (good) target should be it ends up being a (ferrous) nail/screw/wire that is off-center, in fact, even outside of my typical 6" diameter plug/excavation.  Coins on edge have also resulted in this well off-center anomaly.  On a couple occasions my digging tool scratched a vertically oriented coin located along the edge of the plug.  :sad:

• Like 4