hello everyone, let's talk about atx, garrett gonna make a replacement?
What do we blame him for, simply for being heavy?
in performance, it always surpasses all existing machines on the range with gpz! on black sand is it yes or not the only one with the gpz to be effective?
steeve please, he is no longer your favorite for his versatility; despite its weight? despite his age !
gpx 6000 really has big problems on very mineralized ground? and on black sand?
a future ctx 3030! and why not just a submersible gpz at 3 meters because they have the same design
I do not denigrate anyone, nor the detectors
I'm just asking his questions to help me trill I
may be overvaluing the atx, but is it still a safe bet today or do I have to wait for a new one?
I'm just asking if the atx is still the best off-road on the market today
(black sand, salt water 3 meters, mineralized soil, performance, medium soil)
for me atx is the champion just because the gpz is not submersible

imagine going on vacation with your family, what other choice do you really have?

seen that very often, you will find yourself on an island with volcanic soil

on the beach at peak hours to be more discreet, it is better to be able to submerge the detector even at 1 meter, right?

or my questions, is atx the only one comfortable everywhere?

message from the atx support committee lol

On 11/1/2021 at 3:43 AM, TEOFRITE said:
steeve please, he is no longer your favorite for his versatility; despite its weight? despite his age !
gpx 6000 really has big problems on very mineralized ground? and on black sand?

The ATX is no longer a detector I own simply because it does not detect gold as well as either the GPZ 7000 or GPX 6000 in my ground, on my targets. I am very much more into gold prospecting than anything else, and so my detectors lean that way. I have not been saltwater detecting in years, and that was the main reason I had the ATX. I ditched the GPZ 7000 as being too heavy, there is no way I would go back to the less capable and even heavier ATX for gold prospecting. The GPX 6000 suits me better than either of them. I have run the GPX 6000 in the worst magnetite ground possible, and while it will not reach a perfect ground balance, I have no problem operating it and getting good performance out of it on that type of ground. As far as ATX beating GPZ, not even close.

I have for years pounded the table for a lighter weight ATX variant, and would own one today if such a detector existed. I do want another PI that can handle hot rocks that trouble the GPX 6000, but I prefer not to go back to a GPX 5000 or ATX. I have been waiting for whoever does it better, whether that is the upcoming Fisher Impulse Gold, or something from anyone else, including Garrett. If I was forced to, I’d probably go back to the GPX 5000 rather than ATX, because I do not require a submersible PI, though that would be nice.

The video you posted is reasonably accurate, though a bit skewed to the ATX, as it was done by a very faithful Garrett dealer. I prefer my own testing and results. That said the ATX is a very capable, multi purpose PI, and one of the better options for one brand new with warranty at the moment, if in saltwater use is high on your list.

What I use and prefer should not matter to you. I use what I use because it’s what I think best for my purposes. You should do the same. However, if I wanted a waterproof ground balancing detector right now, I’d buy a Garrett ATX.

My first ATX impressions were positive, with my first detailed report at Gold and Silver with the New Garrett ATX. I have a separate article on prospecting with the ATX at Gold Nugget Detecting with the Garrett ATX. I have two beach detecting articles on the ATX - Beach Detecting in Hawaii With The ATX and Garrett ATX Return To Hawaii

steve-herschbach-garrett-atx-year-one-2014.jpg