Deus II Details Here

Luis

The technology is already there for divers to communicate with each other under water. I would assume XP is using similar technology for the coil and remote to communicate.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Luis said:

compatibility chart

IMG_20211102_184045.jpg

Looks like there will be or could be a “lite” version of the Deus II for those that might want to wet their feet a little bit before jumping all in. If I’m not mistaken that’s what’s at the very bottom.

2 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Bummer, no HF coils. I guess I have to hope for a Gold Mode with these MF coils that are in the ballpark. But no coil smaller than 9” round at the moment either

Yeah I agree - no small elliptical coil option off the bat is disappointing.  It would be great if the HF coils could have been used in SF mode only on the D2.  45 kHz covers it for me for relic hunting.  OTOH, considering Equinox tops out at 40khz, it should still be a pretty serviceable gold machine compared to Equinox.

• Like 1

Realistically my entire next season will be focused on piling up gold with the GPX 6000, so I’d best just sit this one out. Sure looks great though, the toy buyer impulse button sure wants to get pressed. If it could use the HF elliptical coil I just might have pulled the trigger, but lacking that I’ll have to sit back and watch others have fun with this one. Water hunters are going to have a ball, I’m sure, and park hunters should like the improved target id that comes with multi. Be interesting to see if the multi can offer anything genuine for the dense ferrous hunters, as XP already has set a super high bar there.

• Like 5

As for the underwater wireless capabilities, I have a few thoughts.

First, it's possible that the wireless ability only works underwater if the water is fresh. I don't know what kind of bandwidth the XPs need to transmit data from a coil to the controller, but I know that hobby R/C transmitters for planes, cars, etc. work very well in fresh water, even when transmitting on multiple channels at once. This is what we used when building and operating R/C subs.

Second, the underwater wireless ability could have certain limitations, like requiring a much slower swing speed.

Three, like abenson alluded to, there's some new wireless technology that's been around for a while (a la military operations or private industrial applications), but is finally being applied in the consumer realm.

Personally, I have found more gold nuggets with the 9” HF coil than with the HF elliptical. Sold the elliptical since the HF 9” round coil was so versatile, sensitive and deep. 

Hopefully for me anyway, there is still some kind of threshold based all metal mode like Goldfield that can be run in single or SMF. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

This is what we used when building and operating R/C subs.

Good point. I have an RC submarine that operates wirelessly to several feet. I forgot I even had it. 

• Like 1

looks like I'll be sitting this one out 😞

I'm not interested in water hunting, the waters too damn cold here for going hunting in it, or for many to lose anything in it 🙂

The Gold side of it isn't what I had hoped, perhaps it might surprise me but I'll wait and see what others say. 

• The title was changed to Deus II Details Here