Deus II Details Here

Luis

What is the red port on the bottom, and what is that wire doing?  I'm still hoping the port on the back is for a coil, the bone headphones look like they clip on the top.

780x627___telecommande-xp-deus-ii_tc-x-2.jpg.f6e50c90cc874c50cfd1be113872e6ef.jpg

• Like 1

Intriguing! One thing i see missing, that is a must for me, is a BIG coil for beach hunting. I haven't used anything under a 15" diameter coil for the last 10 years. 11" coils just don't make it for me these days. It'll probably make the D2 a bit nose heavy, but, I can deal with that one way or another. I'll be curious to see how well it will work in salt sand and water. The D1 never impressed me at all in that respect, and the squeaky sounds it made were "fingernails on a blackboard" to me. If the new tones actually sound like the ones in the video, that's a definite plus. I was actually going to buy one years ago until I heard the tones! It looks like I'll have to keep this thing on my radar, and depending on it's price with all the options I will want, it just might get me to pull the trigger.

Hmmm, it looks like that plug is related to water use.

The one on the left says "1" on it, then the graphic shows an umbrella, it seems.

The one on the right is red and presumably, has a "2" on it, then the graphic appears to be a SCUBA diver.

Definitely relates to how the controller will be used and where, although I'm not sure exatly what the differences are.

Because they both have slits in them, I'm guessing it's where you insert a tool to unscrew the grey or red round "plugs."

18 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Personally, I have found more gold nuggets with the 9” HF coil than with the HF elliptical. Sold the elliptical since the HF 9” round coil was so versatile, sensitive and deep. 

Hopefully for me anyway, there is still some kind of threshold based all metal mode like Goldfield that can be run in single or SMF. 

The 9” round HF is out also, so kind of moot. The XP controllers are just that, controllers. There is no reason to exclude existing coils, unless the intent is to insure the existing models remain viable. That means they need some exclusive features of their own. Frequencies above 45 kHz and prospecting capability may be just that differentiating factor, if not for Deus, then certainly for ORX. All I know is I’m already well set for gold prospecting VLFs, and see nothing here that would add to that capability. If I could have my cake and eat it also, with this model having full coil and mode compatibility, I’d probably bite. Looks like I may have to wait for Deus III, however, to get all that all in one machine. The owners manual will tell me all I need to know, so will wait on that at least, before truly deciding.

• Like 2

I think the coil is wired when diving? If you look at this zoomed in enhanced picture you can see the bone headphones thing clipped onto the top of the control box, and something looks like it's plugged into that rear coil looking port.

Is it possible the coil cable goes down inside the shaft?

Or am I just wishful thinking?

bone connector.png

27749913_boneconnector2.jpg.f9585fe9ecb90754a7274eeb817a1069.jpg

I think this is the headphones connected clipped onto the top.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The Gold side of it isn't what I had hoped, perhaps it might surprise me but I'll wait and see what others say. 

We don’t know much of anything other than the upper end of the frequency spectrum (45 kHz) which does exceed Equinox.  Coil selection is a bit disappointing but I rarely use anything other than the 9” HF round on my Deus 90% of the time.  I’m not a gold guy, but if they DO retain the pseudo AM gold field mode from the original Deus plus SMF, it might be a player.  Compelling enough to drop $1600 US? Perhaps not if the sole focus is gold detecting.

I’m not a big water guy either, but I like no longer having to worry about it in the rain or dropping it in the surf or streams.

Bone conduction just makes all the sense in the world as dive phones, wonder why they have not caught on for water hunters?  A wireless bone conduction variant would have been cool.

The big draw for me is Equinox-like diversity, coupled within a package I could swing all day, non-stop.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I think the coil is wired when diving? If you look at this zoomed in enhanced picture you can see the bone headphones thing clipped onto the top of the control box, and something looks like it's plugged into that rear coil looking port.

Is it possible the coil cable goes down inside the shaft?

Or am I just wishful thinking?

bone connector.png

27749913_boneconnector2.jpg.f9585fe9ecb90754a7274eeb817a1069.jpg

I think this is the headphones connected clipped onto the top.

Yep. You appear to be correct on both counts.  Wonder if the bone conduction phones are wireless with a long near field antenna stub wire.

Wonder why you wouldn’t just leave the “red” dive plug in continuously - why 2 plugs?

• The title was changed to Deus II Details Here