Deus II Details Here

Luis

Not sure, but there is definitely the bone conduction phones connector sitting on top of the control box, and it really looks like a coil is plugged in too.

2124316854_zoominbig.png.18936e7a9d089b4a2ba70a099233f10e.png

45 kHz is more than sufficient for gold prospecting. You need look no further than Gold Monster and 24K to see that. Also true that difference between 40 and 45 kHz is insignificant. 9” round coil is just fine for prospecting. If the Deus II has a proper Gold Mode, there is zero reason why it could not be an excellent gold prospecting detector.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's my understanding that for u/w you have to run a clip-on antenna from the pod to the coil, same as with Deus 1. The bone-phones either do the same or simply plug in to the M12 connector on the back. Underwater Scuba comms and model submarine remotes use the lower VLF band which probably doesn't have the bandwidth the Deus needs. I suspect they continue to use the 2.4GHz ISM band which only travels inches in seawater, ergo the need for wires.

The plug on the bottom is likely a vent plug. For diving it obviously needs to be sealed, for weatherproof it can be unsealed for breathing. This is important for altitude changes, especially on flights.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Go to the XP website where they showcase deus2 and scroll down near the bottom.  You’ll see “Our deus II packs”.  Click on one of the models and it will take you to another page.  At the bottom of that page it lists in red: the coil, the stem, the remote and the headphones.  You can click on any of these to learn more.  Click on the remote and it will take you to a page describing all the programs and other things.  Very informative but not easy to navigate to. 

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/gamme/deus-ii-detectors.php

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Geotech said:

It's my understanding that for u/w you have to run a clip-on antenna from the pod to the coil, same as with Deus 1. The bone-phones either do the same or simply plug in to the M12 connector on the back. Underwater Scuba comms and model submarine remotes use the lower VLF band which probably doesn't have the bandwidth the Deus needs. I suspect they continue to use the 2.4GHz ISM band which only travels inches in seawater, ergo the need for wires.

The plug on the bottom is likely a vent plug. For diving it obviously needs to be sealed, for weatherproof it can be unsealed for breathing. This is important for altitude changes, especially on flights.

The red plug is for underwater use only up to 20m.  The gray plug needs to go back in once land hunting or shallow water hunting up to 1 meter.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Go to the XP website where they showcase deus2 and scroll down near the bottom.  You’ll see “Our deus II packs”.  Click on one of the models and it will take you to another page.  At the bottom of that page it lists in red: the coil, the stem, the remote and the headphones.  You can click on any of these to learn more.  Click on the remote and it will take you to a page describing all the programs and other things.  Very informative but not easy to navigate to. 

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/gamme/deus-ii-detectors.php

Also on the main product page on the website, you can see the various audio options.  Note that you can clic on those links to hear audio samples for each one plus you can switch between a PWM waveform and square wave to see how it affects tonal response and audio harmonics. Interesting.

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Two model options, one with 9” coil, or another with 11” coil.

My point Steve, was that the 9" round coils that I have used for gold prospecting: HF 9" and X35 9";  have been more than adequate for hitting extremely small and deep stuff in bad dirt, down to 6" for .5+ gram nuggets. The HF elliptical was not as deep as the 9" coils and most of its sensitivity was at the tips. The HF and X35 coils were more stable and got more ground coverage. From my testing and in the field experience, the only VLF that is more sensitive to small gold than the Deus/ORX with its 9" HF coil is the Garrett/Whites 24K.

So, if Deus II has a Goldfield program, which is appears to from the XP website, the supplied 9" coil will no doubt be more than adequate for gold prospecting.

• Like 4

Here’s the choice of freq8F32E50E-C4F9-4B96-AE2F-696A7A0D0C2D.thumb.jpeg.1712c8af1c55e1ea03d116ec706dba35.jpeg

• The title was changed to Deus II Details Here