Deus II Details Here

Luis

Oozes with quality, looks very nice.

• Like 2

Very pretty, but can it hunt? They have enough units for a display, so you know there are some in the field being filmed. Maybe they're waiting until after the new Nokta SMF reveal comotion dies down a bit before releasing more info and maybe a video or two.  Product marketing is annoying when all you want is the factual information. 😎

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Very pretty, but can it hunt? They have enough units for a display, so you know there are some in the field being filmed. Maybe they're waiting until after the new Nokta SMF reveal comotion dies down a bit before releasing more info and maybe a video or two.  Product marketing is annoying when all you want is the factual information. 😎

Yea my thoughts as well...I guess the marketing people that go to school for this type of stuff know what they are doing ...builds anticipation and drives you crazy... like we all need this detector to find stuff or we are going to be handicapped...I think a valium is in order for all of us that can afford to buy multiple detectors! 

strick

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The Deus II certainly looks to become one of the top "do-it-all" detectors out there. 

Very interesting seeing how each company with multi-frequency units give their particular spin to features, ergonomics, etc.  Beach and water hunters should be very happy with the 20m water-proof capabilities and for MF to improve performance in salt water.  Like everybody watching, I look forward to more info and reports from use in the field.  :biggrin:

• Like 3

From what I see in photos, it looks like there is no cable and battery going in the shaft. The opens up other opportunities that I like.

I am interested in Nokta/Makro and this one w/ 9" coil. It doesn't look like there will be hf coils. Need to see more.

18 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

I am interested in Nokta/Makro and this one w/ 9" coil. It doesn't look like there will be hf coils. Need to see more.

While having the upper HF single frequencies of the two Deus I HF coils (56+ khz and 74+ khz) would be nice to have, Deus II supports up to 40+ khz natively which more than covers the upper end of the frequency range in which I spend 99% of my time detecting  when using the HF coils.

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

While having the upper HF single frequencies of the two Deus I HF coils (56+ khz and 74+ khz) would be nice to have, Deus II supports up to 40+ khz natively which more than covers the upper end of the frequency range in which I spend 99% of my time detecting  when using the HF coils.

Is it possible that a higher frequency coil would not have the SMF performance of the frequency range with the coils that will be available for the Deus II?

Example: would 4khz and 20 khz (transmitted/received at same time) have a greater performance than 45 khz and 61 khz (transmitted/received at the same time)?

I'm asking because the high frequency coils (Deus) work very well, so I am a bit confused as to why a high frequency coil isn't (yet) offered with the Deus II.

I'm wondering if there will be a high frequency coils available for it.