Deus II Details Here

Luis

On 11/24/2021 at 5:46 PM, Rick N. MI said:

I'm wondering if there will be a high frequency coils available for it.

From my experience (as I noted in a previous post), the 40 khz top end of the Deus II coils IS well into high frequency range.  Rarely ever use the frequencies higher than 28 khz on the Deus I HF coils.  Would like to have a Deus II small elliptical, like the Deus I HF elliptical, though, even if it is limited to a 40khz top end.  

Note also that if SMF is combining 2 or more waveforms, harmonic frequencies above 40 khz can be generated that can be utilized for detection.

On 11/24/2021 at 5:04 PM, Tahts-a-dats-ago said:

Is it possible that a higher frequency coil would not have the SMF performance of the frequency range with the coils that will be available for the Deus II?

Example: would 4khz and 20 khz (transmitted/received at same time) have a greater performance than 45 khz and 61 khz (transmitted/received at the same time)?

I'm asking because the high frequency coils (Deus) work very well, so I am a bit confused as to why a high frequency coil isn't (yet) offered with the Deus II.

Regarding HF, see above.  Bottom line: 40 khz IS HF and SMF waveform combinations can generate harmonic frequencies ABOVE 40 khz that can be utilized.

Frequency ratios are important to SMF.  4 to 40 khz is 10 to 1, perhaps the max ratio on the Deus.  At some point though you can't just be using high ratios and still have effective detection so there must be a limit.

I don't think there would be a limitation on top end HF frequencies in single frequency on Deus II but XP could simply have made the decision to keep things simple by providing a 40 khz top end for SF because SMF gives you HF headroom/coverage above 40 when using SMF modes that include the 40 khz component.  Bottom line though, without more information from XP this is all just speculation.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Would like to have a Deus II small elliptical, like the Deus I HF elliptical, though, even if it is limited to a 40khz top end.

Yes, this. Be kind of nuts not to since they already have the mold, so I’m betting it happens. 40 kHz is fine, anything more would be a bonus, but not really needed. The Gold Monster at 45 kHz and Goldmaster 24K at 48 kHz are operating in the sweet spot for nugget detecting. Going higher will hit tinier bits, but will actually limit depth on larger stuff.

I mainly want that narrow profile for better separation in dense targets, and for having the most compact, lightest swing possible.

minelab-gold-monster-frequency-range-compared.jpg
xp-deus-new-hf-elliptical-coil.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Deus II Details Here