Deus II Details Here

Luis

Well all I can say is WOW! Multi-Frequency, Waterproof, Bone-Phones, VDI... it's almost like XP has been listening in on all our squawking about what we want in a detector!  I just hope it works as good as it looks. I've been looking for an excuse to want a Deus... looks like I might have to cash in all my Christmases and Birthdays for the next 10 years! 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There will have to be a workaround as wireless transmission and water do not mix. That’s just physics folks.

I agree. Definitely remains to be seen. I find it interesting that it was necessary to create wired headphones for underwater. Why wouldn’t the technology from remote to coil be also sufficient from remote to headphones it it was up to par with wired coils? 

Choose the Multi Frequency programs or between 49 single frequencies from 4 to 45 kHz

On XP website:

https://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/en/gamme/deus-ii-detectors.php

Two model options, one with 9” coil, or another with 11” coil.

No manual that I can see yet. This may not have option to use existing coils.

96A800A1-CB3D-40D4-BD0B-917A21B0993A.jpeg

• Like 2

Chiper "I agree. I find it interesting that it was necessary to create wired headphones for underwater. Why wouldn’t the technology from remote to coil be also sufficient from remote to headphones it it was up to par with wired coils?"

Moving salt water is the obstical. It can be overcome, but requires a lot more power, more circuits, and much larger batteries. I'm curious to see how all this works too. Where's the manual? Do the coils, shafts, and control box have hidden contacts?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There will have to be a workaround as wireless transmission and water do not mix. That’s just physics folks.

I know what you are saying but they clearly were making it appear that at least the coil (if not also the audio) could remain wireless submerged.  Would really like to know more about that as well as the function of the port on the back of the control module.  I noticed that no other ports (including charging/power) appear evident on the module.  Hope they improved their coil charging scheme with an update to USB C at least if not a pivot to magnetic or wireless charging.

Glad to see the existing XP wireless pinpointer remains compatible.

• The title was changed to Deus I I Details Here
4 minutes ago, Luis said:

compatibility chart

IMG_20211102_184045.jpg

Bummer, no HF coils. I guess I have to hope for a Gold Mode with these MF coils that are in the ballpark. But no coil smaller than 9” round at the moment either. So I may be out but that’s just because of my prospecting focus. If I was more water oriented it would be a no brainer. Still might be though, I have a Tarsacci I could ditch for this. Looks like a real winner, good for XP!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well, underwater wired headphones for starters.

Yep, I figured that (that’s what I said in my first post regarding the apparently wired bone conduction phones) but what  I should have clarified above is whether it is possibly a multipurpose port - I.e., use of something like a USB C port for both audio AND power/charging like those on the latest cell phones.  Note that the bone conduction phones don’t appear in the compatibility chart.

• The title was changed to Deus II Details Here