Deus II Details Here

Luis

And here we go with the French price - only 1600E  🙂 ....   

Good news it is ultra light , 750g   👍👍 .. 

Available starting from December

Détecteurs XP DEUS 2 - FMF : Le plus évolué des détecteurs (maisondeladetection.com)

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Also on the main product page on the website, you can see the various audio options.  Note that you can clic on those links to hear audio samples for each one plus you can switch between a PWM waveform and square wave to see how it affects tonal response and audio harmonics. Interesting.

Chase, could you please explain in layman’s terms what PWM and square waves are.  Is this something we can switch back and forth between on the detector?

The 12 modes are interesting, and you can do 12 user setup profiles also.  Sounds pretty good to me.

The 12 factory programs + 12 user programs

DEUS II has the advantage of offering a wide range of programs suitable for all ground and search conditions.

1. GENERAL: FMF • Max. freq. 40khz • Conductive soil subtraction. GENERAL uses low and high frequencies and gives an excellent assessment of targets in the soil. It suits both beginners and experienced users. It offers an excellent target/false signal ratio in the ground, as it rejects the moisture in the soils, which can cause halos and false sounds when passing over holes, for example. You will therefore have more confidence on deep targets. This damp / wet soil subtraction thus attenuates the very low electric conductors like coke (coal, and conductive stone) and to a lesser extent certain very thin targets like aluminum foil.
  2. SENSITIVE: FMF • Max. freq. 40khz • Frequency addition. SENSITIVE uses low and high frequencies up to 40 kHz. Highly efficient on all targets, it will be very effective in mineralized and polluted ground when searching for the smallest targets.
  3. SENSI FT: FMF • Max. freq. 40khz • Frequency addition. SENSITIVE FULL TONES is based on the same platform as Prg. 2 - SENSITIVE, but it is configured with Full Tone audio mode, with Reactivity at 3 instead of 2.5. It offers a very rich and informative sound identification that requires a little more experience, as each target index generates a different tone in proportion to conductivity (see Discri > Full Tones). Very efficient in highly-polluted ferrous and mineralized ground.
  4. FAST: FMF • Max. freq. 40khz • Frequency addition. FAST is based on the same platform as Prg. 2 - SENSITIVE, but the audio is set to Pitch mode with Reactivity at 3 instead of 2.5 and uses the square audio feature. These three settings combined allow the machine to work fast in ferrous-polluted and mineralized ground.
  5. PARK: FMF • Max. freq. 24khz • Frequency addition. PARK is adjusted for searching recreational area’s such as, parks, dry sand beach, etc., sites that are normally polluted.
  6. DEEP HC: FMF • Max. freq. 14khz • Frequency addition. DEEP HIGH CONDUCTOR adds together very low and medium frequencies up to 14 kHz. Designed to better locate good conductivity targets, it is ideal for clusters of coins whilst maintaining excellent sensitivity to isolated coins using its 14 kHz frequency.
  7. DEUS MONO: MONOFREQUENCY adjustable from 4 to 45kHz. DEUS MONO works on a single frequency like 1, but combines the advantages of DEUS II, such as its expanded frequency range to 45 kHz, improved performance, audio quality, better EMI rejection, etc. There is more likelihood of connecting with an unstable frequency while using several simultaneous frequencies than with just one and the DEUS MONO could help you in these situations.
  8. GOLD FIELD: FMF • Max. freq. 40khz • Frequency addition. GOLD FIELD is intended for highly-mineralized gold-bearing ground. Gold nuggets are often seen as the ground or ferrous items in these tricky environments. It is set to “all metal” for deeper detection and only rejects the localised ground to which you should regularly adjust by Grabbing (see Ground). It will accept ground above and below your Ground setting.
  9. RELIC: FMF • Max. freq. 24khz • Frequency subtraction. RELIC is processed in the same way as Prg. 8 - GOLD FIELD, but uses lower subtracted frequencies to search for large masses. It is configured for “all metal” with low Reactivity and only rejects the localised ground to which you should regularly adjust by Grabbing (see Ground). It will then accept ground above and below this ground setting.
  10. DIVING: FMF • Max. freq. 14khz • Conductive soil subtraction. DIVING is the first and most stable of three programs intended for submerging in saltwater environments or simply on wet sand. Its very low and medium subtracted frequencies will better locate valuable targets such as rings and coins, whilst naturally being less responsive to low conductive targets like aluminum foil compared to the more sensitive Beach 11 and 12 programs. It can thus save time and be more effective in difficult diving conditions.
  11. BEACH: FMF • Max. freq. 24khz • Conductive soil subtraction. BEACH uses higher frequencies up to 24 kHz and thus is more sensitive to small targets compared to Diving. It is well suited to wet zones.
  12. BEACH SENS: FMF • Max. freq. 40khz • Conductive soil subtraction. BEACH SENS incorporates frequencies up to 40 kHz offering excellent sensitivity to the smallest targets without losing performance on bigger targets. This is the deepest beach program for wet conditions but also the most reactive.
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

My point Steve, was that the 9" round coils that I have used for gold prospecting: HF 9" and X35 9";  have been more than adequate for hitting extremely small and deep stuff in bad dirt, down to 6" for .5+ gram nuggets. The HF elliptical was not as deep as the 9" coils and most of its sensitivity was at the tips. The HF and X35 coils were more stable and got more ground coverage. From my testing and in the field experience, the only VLF that is more sensitive to small gold than the Deus/ORX with its 9" HF coil is the Garrett/Whites 24K.

So, if Deus II has a Goldfield program, which is appears to from the XP website, the supplied 9" coil will no doubt be more than adequate for gold prospecting.

I was not arguing with your point, said the same thing in my posts, though I’d disagree on no detectors but 24K etc. Still decided I don’t want one due to no small coil options. But I’m not here to rain on the parade, no trolling, so will leave it at that. :smile:

deus-2-multifrequency-control-box.jpg

Thanks for confirming the wired coil 🙂

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The 9” round HF is out also, so kind of moot. The XP controllers are just that, controllers. There is no reason to exclude existing coils, unless the intent is to insure the existing models remain viable. That means they need some exclusive features of their own. Frequencies above 45 kHz and prospecting capability may be just that differentiating factor, if not for Deus, then certainly for ORX. All I know is I’m already well set for gold prospecting VLFs, and see nothing here that would add to that capability. If I could have my cake and eat it also, with this model having full coil and mode compatibility, I’d probably bite. Looks like I may have to wait for Deus III, however, to get all that in one machine. The owners manual will tell me all I need to know, so will wait on that at least, before truly deciding.

Here's the D2 Program # 8...

GOLD FIELD: FMF • Max. freq. 40khz • Frequency addition. GOLD FIELD is intended for highly-mineralized gold-bearing ground. Gold nuggets are often seen as the ground or ferrous items in these tricky environments. It is set to “all metal” for deeper detection and only rejects the localised ground to which you should regularly adjust by Grabbing (see Ground). It will accept ground above and below your Ground setting.

Interestingly, it looks like all 12 Preset Programs top out at 40KHz except for Program 7, Deus Mono, which will let you select single frequency operation up to 45KHz.

Here's the link to the Remote Control:

Deus 2 Control

• Like 1

One question I have for you current XP Deus/ORX users is does the Deus II remote appear to be interchangeable with current shafts or is the shaft an entirely different configuration as well? One reason I ask is that one idea I kind of liked with the original Deus and now this one is that theoretically you can make two detectors out of one setup if you were to purchase a second coil. One could be paired with the remote, and the other with the “puck” provided you have another shaft laying around.

56 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

One question I have for you current XP Deus/ORX users is does the Deus II remote appear to be interchangeable with current shafts or is the shaft an entirely different configuration as well? One reason I ask is that one idea I kind of liked with the original Deus and now this one is that theoretically you can make two detectors out of one setup if you were to purchase a second coil. One could be paired with the remote, and the other with the “puck” provided you have another shaft laying around.

While the remote appears to be able to be attached to either the Deus II or Deus stems (the upper assembly upon which the remote mounts and into which the coil shaft inserts), the problem is the Deus II coil shaft cross section appears to be incompatible with the Deus I stem.  You would need 2 Deus II stems and coils to create the two-detector configuration (plus a set of wired phones unless you use the remote's built in speaker).

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Deus II Details Here