Deus II Details Here

Luis

"I don't know in the UK"
The Eqx has proved to be very successful and popular inland, in the UK. The Park1/Field1 modes are pretty decent all-round hunting modes, and Park2/Field2 are effectively 18kHz modes with extra depth due to Multi-freq, so they hit the spot that the XP GMP and Deus on 18kHz do so well, but the Eqx does it better ( especially considering the large coil size ).And the beach guys like it, as it's more ergonomic and lighter than the E-trac/Safari/other BBS they tended to choose, and waterproof too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yea, from what I've seen on the UK it's XP and CTX, and of course Equinox.

Detectorists.thumb.jpg.f7d520d122ba541880d10ab1783d453a.jpg

😄

Back in the old days it seemed the T2 was very popular in the UK by what I was reading when I was purchasing my T2 and doing my research.

• Like 2

Back on-topic, I see the coil has just two small flat gold-plated pads for the battery charging, like on the previous model. It would be better to have two pads per terminal, to reduce the chance of a poor connection, and to give longer service life, as the plating will wear over time.

(this is standard on many switches and relay contacts, where one of the contacts has multiple fingers. As well as making a better connection, it affects issues like arcing and contact-bounce. It's also used on some motor commutator brushes, where bounce inevitable happens, and the inductive nature of a coil-of-wire gaurantees back-EMF voltage spikes.)

Alternatively, use larger pads, so the clip-on charging device can use two or more probes per pad.
  • Like 1

At first, the bone conduction earphones seemed like a good news. But thinking about it most of the detectorists look with their heads out of the water, often in bad weather conditions, and a standard pair of headphones help to hear the signals well, I think having the uncovered ear can be deleterious, I hope standard headphones that can be connected to the remote control are produced.

• Like 2

i am a bit worried that gary hasnt put up a video as hes a tester for xp ,no mention of it on his forum either

I’m curious as to why there aren’t any videos out yet.  You’d think XP would want to have some videos showcasing their new detector.  

• Like 1

Some pics showing up on Instagram.  Something to look at. 

B6B6795E-2228-4F0E-B496-359F1FCD9A60.jpeg

• Like 6

• The title was changed to Deus II Details Here