The New Quest Xpointer Max

☠ Cipher

I'm not a big fan of the Quest either, but I bring it with me as a very useful tool to save me some digging.

Very often I come across square nails and spikes that false even using the best of iron bias. It also helped me find a silver ring in a hole full of iron, and some tiny cufflinks yesterday in another. I'm not a video guy but that would have been powerful.

That aside it sometimes just goes crazy. I've seen the new wireless AT pointer do this too. I'll have to turn it off and back on again or notch it to stop the freak out. They need to do something about that.

Now that aside it may even false on an iron target, but if you realize that the tip is the focus point, turning it the right way will go to iron tone reliably.

It does not beat my trusty Carrot at all regarding locating, but I always bring it with me as an analysis tool in odd situations, there it shines. The Carrot does not give iron tones.

Just so you know, "High" means sensitivity, it has 4 settings - Low, Medium, High, and Boost. That does not mean battery condition. Battery is the battery icon.

I've found Boost to be almost useless as it goes crazy much faster, but it does give a depth edge over the Carrot in air tests, but not in the ground. I don't think the designers get out much🙄

The internal battery does last a long time which is what I would expect a Lithium Ion battery to do. 🙂

• Like 1