Reasons To Hold Onto Equinox 800 In Light Of Deus 2

I can see the screen with my sunglasses on 😀 I don't remember if I can do that with my Deus. 

seriously I will need to see how the new Deus works out before buying..I'm sure it's a fine machine but the main advantage of the deus was it's iron separation characteristics for relic hunting...I would never use the old Deus in a park or beach setting because there are other detectors that are much better for those areas... New toys are fun...the Deus 2 must be able to do what the Deus 1 did but better.... THEN the Deus 1 will go but not the Equinox...they will have to pry the Nox from my cold dead hands...as they say 

strick

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My Equinox isn't going anywhere even though I plan on getting the Deus. The Equinox is a proven performer.

• Like 8

For me the Deus 2 has to be all that Deus 1 is plus match equinox performance. If it doesn’t do both then I’ll just snatch up someone’s used Deus or ORX as they attempt to upgrade to Deus 2. One thing is for sure. We are going to see a flurry of Deus 1 sales as early adopters throw caution to the wind.

For me , the main reason to have a Deus2 vs an Equinox is the weight/detection cumfort. With the CB on the shaft and a 11i coil the Deus2 weights around 950g (800g CB in the pocket) vs 1260g for the Equinox 11 coil .

Which means 24% lighter than the Equinox ( 36% lighter with the CB in the pocket )

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, palzynski said:

For me , the main reason to have a Deus2 vs an Equinox is the weight/detection cumfort. With the CB on the shaft and a 11i coil the Deus2 weights around 950g (800g CB in the pocket) vs 1260g for the Equinox 11 coil .

Which means 24% lighter than the Equinox ( 36% lighter with the CB in the pocket )

That’s definitely one thing I can say for any of the modern XP models, is they are worthy of the technology they hold. They are well crafted and sleek looking machines. I’m almost disgusted at how the equinox was put together aesthetically and ergonomically. 

46 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

That’s definitely one thing I can say for any of the modern XP models, is they are worthy of the technology they hold. They are well crafted and sleek looking machines. I’m almost disgusted at how the equinox was put together aesthetically and ergonomically. 

Equinox are very good detectors , I like them . XP had no choice to win market shares vs the Equinox than proposing something better . It looks like they are on the right way with the Deus2  despite its high price.  

• Like 1

They seem to be pushing the diving aspect of it so are they trying to compete with the Excal? If it came down to it I would lean towards the Excal or if I was into snorkling you not going to dig deep so a hand held would make more sense.

Fresh water hunting is much simpler especially if your shallow hunting as I think majority of people do. Typically look for non iron targets and displays are pretty much useless if there is silt. Weight is also a non issue when wading as the boyancy of  the water takes the edge off of just about any machine including my Seahunter.

With Nokta's coming out and the Nox 1000 on the horizon I would wait not that I'm in the market for a new machine.

• Like 2

XP will probably release smaller coils for the Deus2 , as they have already done for the Deus1 with the 10X6 elliptical HF.

XP listen their customers , if there is a demand for smaller coils which is logical for a multipurpose detector , they will do them ...  

• Like 1