Reasons To Hold Onto Equinox 800 In Light Of Deus 2

Less prone to EMI on single frequency, lets just wait and see on that one once MF kicks in which opens it up to being more prone to EMI.

There is a lot of if, buts and maybes here, it's a detector nobody has used yet 🙂

• Like 6

Count on 1 more important factor ... "Deus II will also have a 9" coil .. which Equinox still does not have ...

I also use other and also really good detectors whit  wide VDI and  with excellent depth separations ... and which have a wide range of coil sizes ... which prove to be an effective factor in the detection ...

The most interesting thing about this whole thing will be ... what XP in the Deusa II will bring Fast Multi frequency / 5-45 khz..../
... we know that 12 different programs are multifrequently weighed differently and some of these programs have a certain degree of salt elimination.

Another thing is how the quality of VDI target identification has been solved.

the price of XP Deus II is 1600 euros .. but don't forget that this price also includes WS6 - wireless headphones ... which can work independently with a coil without the use of RC - it is practically Deus II lite..

• Like 5

Less prone to EMI on single frequency, lets just wait and see on that one once MF kicks in which opens it up to being more prone to EMI.

There is a lot of if, buts and maybes here, it's a detector nobody has used yet 🙂

Well where I live running equinox had emi on multi, 5/10/15 and was alot better on 20/40.. deus all 11 and above was fine.  

• Like 1

I see it this way... XP makes a better built product. Stronger shaft, coil ears, arm cuff, etc. Better warranty 5 years vs 3... The only place my equinox did better over my deus was the wet sand beaches.  I feel the deus is lighter, better balanced and actually less prone to emi over equinox.   So with that said, I sold my equinox and 2 other detectors and will be trading in my deus for the deus II.  I live just a few miles from the gulf beaches , I like simultaneous multi-frequency and fully expect XP to put out a fantastic detector.   New waterproof headphones, different ways to use the deus like using ws6 puck as the display and pairing wsa II headphones with the ws6 as a cheaper alternative.  I'm hoping they use the 9.5x5 coil mold for a new black FMF coil. 

Now that’s not “Reasons To Hold Onto Equinox 800 In Light Of Deus 2!!” :smile: But if you primarily are a water hunter, don’t blame you at all.

The detector actually most likely impacted here will be Tarsacci, as we are talking more dollars to dollars comparison. An Equinox 600 will hunt the salt about as well as an 800, and at under $700 slays both the Deus 2 and Tarsacci in bang for the buck, even with a 3 year warranty versus Deus 2 at 5 (Tarsacci only 18 months).

• Like 4

I agree Hugh, I never said they would get a majority of existing Equinox users back. My argument is simple - XP is responding to Equinox with Deus 2, including winning some existing owners, by specifically targeting weaknesses in the existing Equinox platform. That will win them back some existing Equinox owners, and I say that is by intent. The only thing to be seen is how many, but it sure won’t be zero.

I think we're in violent agreement, then.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Now that’s not “Reasons To Hold Onto Equinox 800 In Light Of Deus 2!!” :smile: But if you primarily are a water hunter, don’t blame you at all.

The detector actually most likely impacted here will be Tarsacci, as we are talking more dollars to dollars comparison. An Equinox 600 will hunt the salt about as well as an 800, and at under $700 slays both the Deus 2 and Tarsacci in bang for the buck, even with a 3 year warranty versus Deus 2 at 5 (Tarsacci only 18 months).

Lol yeah if the deus II does not live up to my expectations then I will grab a nox 600 for the beach.  With the softer tone option and the simultaneous multi-frequency it may just surprise me.  

The detector actually most likely impacted here will be Tarsacci

Yes.  That is basically the question I am anxious to find the answer to.  Will Deus II knock my Tarsacci out of the picture?  Tarsacci is the best detector I have used that can reliably ID non ferrous at depth in hot ground.  The TID may not be accurate but it does a good job of differentiating non-ferrous from ferrous at depth.

• Like 2

If you are on a budget and plan on getting one machine in the future some might want to wait on the new  Minelab before spending $1600 on the   Deus.This new machine from Deus might cause  Minelab to release their new machine soon.Clive thinks the  Amfibio is a better lake Ontario machine then the Nox so I might ditch the Nox  for that  purpose since it is cheaper then the   Deus.If the  new Mf from  Notka is  good in the iron I might buy that too.

It's fun to speculate about all the potential of the new machines coming out and I hope they all live up to the hype. But we've only seen some, but not all of the data on the new XP and nothing on the Nokta until the 19th. Hopefully we'll get to see the manuals on both machines before they hit the streets. Meanwhile, I'll keep on swinging my Nox and enjoying every minute I get to go out with it. And even if I do get a new machine down the road, it would have to be so spectacularly better than the Nox in every way to ever consider retiring it from service. But that's just me.

• Like 1