Unbelievable How Many Used Deus Are Currently Being Sold Completely Overpriced

locator

Wow. There was always a market for used Deus & ORX detectors for sure, and some prices made me think to want one, but since yesterday, I think when the Deus II news arrived even the last Deus users, there are so many new offerings for money I'D only pay for a brand new one with some goodies included. Think there will be a drastic price drop in the future.

Hopefully the Deus II will have no glitches or issues like some other brands/models had in the past. So time will tell....

• Like 3

How much do you figure ones worth? Ws5 regular 9” coil plus hf elliptical. Hard case etc...I’ve found the xp Deus to be a killer tan bark tot lot detector.

strick

In the past there were a few in the 500/600 bucks range on craigs list. (no hardcase included as I've no need for this). But right now they want 1600 plus. Ridiculous. Dealers are selling their brandnew stock ones for 700 - 900. So what do you think I'm going to pay for a used crutch, used is used, as I do not know how the previous owner took care about the machine. Looking the photos of the machines says mostly all, and I do not mean scratches and dents...

• Like 2

The D1 will be on production for years to come............too many spoiled(For choice 😁) detectorist )nowadays,while i understand you live only once and want the latest,a kind reminder that everyday treasure are unearthed with not only Deus 1 2 or Nox..........

A  reminder

1992 Silver sabre 2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoxne_Hoard

This one closer to my heart: 15kg of gold with a 1266X worth a google translate

https://thomasnumismatics.com/actualites/tresor-de-vendee/

RR

• Like 1

I'm always browsing online sites for used metal detectors.The next best thing to metal detecting is buying a machine you don't have for a great price, then tinkering with it and selling it later to break even or make a modest profit. However, people often ask for way too much money for their machines (except for maybe the Equinoxes). This is especially true with White's and Garrett machines.

Apparently, what many people sell their machines for isn't based on what the machine is worth. Instead, it's what the seller originally bough it for. I'll see used AT Pros for $500 and used AT Maxes for $600 or more. Sometimes they have the Garrett Carrot and some other accessories that they got for free from their purchase bundle. But geez...

I know this is their thinking b/c the description will say, "asking for $600, but originally paid $700+ for everything..." No honey, that's now how this works. If it was, I have a CD player from the early 2000s that cost me $120, so that means its selling price today is $90...right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the past there were a few in the 500/600 bucks range on craigs list. (no hardcase included as I've no need for this). But right now they want 1600 plus

Perhaps they hope a potential buyer will confuse the old Deus with the new one?

I see the occassional Deus online, but they're rare and the seller is usually asking for just a smidge under street price. I think they're uncommon (in my area, at least) b/c most casual detectorists won't buy the Deus. Most of what I see for sale as used machines are Garretts, Equinoxes and entry-level detectors from all sort of companies.

• Like 1

Once The Deus ll floods the market And it’s a success, The used Original Deus most likely will come down in price ……… A dealer buddy of mine said the used Detector market is crazy…..  if your not selling a Deus or Equinox……Good Luck 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Unbelievable How Many Used Deus Are Currently Being Sold Completely Overpriced

I’m not super familiar with these but I also keep an eye on things that go up for sale on a few places and seems like the ORXs are in the 450-500 on the low side asking and and the Deus in the 800-900 range on low side. But I guess the combos of coils and headphones vary so it us hard to say. I’m not even familiar with what the average going price of new is for XP.  You would think with new new detector coming at least more Deus would start going up for sale and bringing prices down.  

What one paid is irrelevant. I’d say in general for used stuff 50% of new is a good starting point for negotiating assuming it is a newer/still made detector and up from there depending on condition and what is included. Paying close to new or even 60-75% doesn’t even seem worth it sometimes considering some of the holiday bundle deals or dealer street prices one can get.  I still think it is crazy what people want for AT Pros and F75s considering options like the Simplex and Equinox 600 go for new... 

• Like 2

In the past there were a few in the 500/600 bucks range on craigs list. (no hardcase included as I've no need for this). But right now they want 1600 plus. Ridiculous. Dealers are selling their brandnew stock ones for 700 - 900. So what do you think I'm going to pay for a used crutch, used is used, as I do not know how the previous owner took care about the machine. Looking the photos of the machines says mostly all, and I do not mean scratches and dents...

1600 is more then new where are you seeing that at? If you are looking for a used Deus I will be selling mine most likely so give me a shout and maybe we can work something out. 

Strick