Unbelievable How Many Used Deus Are Currently Being Sold Completely Overpriced

locator

BTW, That was not a genuine Thank You Joe! It was a snarkey one!! Just in case anyone was wondering!🤣

• Like 1

A huge factor in selling used and getting a good price, is own detectors with transferable warranties, and sell them with at least a few months remaining warranty. Once out of warranty, the value used drops as correlated with costs of potential repairs. For instance, a water hunter buying an out of warranty Equinox better factor in the out of pocket cost of repairing a unit that leaks. Far less concern if it has 6 months remaining factory warranty, making a used unit with remaining warranty quite a bit more valuable. Yet some people forget to even mention it. XP has a 5 year transferable warranty. The only major that does not at the moment is First Texas - Bounty Hunter, Fisher, and Teknetics are warrantied to original owner only.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In NZ and Australia there is no such thing as limiting a warranty to the original owner, as long as you've got proof of purchase you've got warranty so if buying second hand it's important to ask for the original owners receipt when buying so back when we had a First Texas dealer they couldn't play those games here.

Like most things First Texas when it comes to modern technology the Bountry Hunter website has a flaw whereby you can't register your Bounty Hunter detector to get warranty, if you go to their website and click on warranty registration it just HTTP 500 errors so they don't want people registering their warranty 🙂

I've only ever seen one XP Deus on the second hand market in NZ, I kinda regret not buying it now as it sold for $700 NZD / about 500 USD, I don't think it had a HF coil but it had the control pod and headphones, I knew nothing about them at the time but the owner had it for 5+ years although rarely used so I assumed the battery wouldn't be too healthy and the process of changing a coil battery looked a bit intimidating in a country with no warranty agent to even get the stuff from.  I follow a few NZ facebook groups of coin detectorists and never once have I seen one using a Deus, even though we have a dealer, although they're a multi line dealer and seem to carry very minimal XP stock.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

5 years warranty on a waterproof detector shows XP have a lot confidence in their final product. 

Not that I've ever had an issue with the regular Deus over the years - extremely reliable.

• Like 3

This may be the "One" The only detector you will ever need for all your hunting situations. We shall see.

I always set limits on what I’m willing to pay, and I’ve been pretty good at sticking to my guns over the years. Sometimes it means I’ve waited longer than I wanted to for a detector, but more often than not, because I do keep such a vigilant eye out for what I want, I get what I want at the price I want. For a used Deus 1, particularly as Deus 2 becomes more widely available, I’d suspect we should be able to find the 35x versions for $600-$700 pretty consistently, and occasionally as low as $500. If Deus 2 doesn’t look like the unit for me, I’m going to bite on the first decent Deus 1 unit at $600. ORX doesn’t go up for sale much right now, once in a blue for $450-$550. As Deus 1 goes up for sale more often in light of Deus 2, so should the number of ORX people looking to sell ORX and move to Deus 1. One thing I can say for purchasing used and local is make sure when you decide on a unit you want, and what you’re willing to pay, that you keep it on you. Being prepared is a big advantage to beat the tire kickers and the unprepared to those super good deals. Many sellers are jaded, and appreciate someone who is ready, willing and able to just get the deal done straight away.

• Like 2