Battery Storage Question(s)

oneguy

Shutting it down for this season. During winter I routinely charge up my tector batteries once a week or so for the 6-7 months until spring.  Question.....is this the right thing to do?  What happens to battery life if I don't keep them charged up?  Also curious if I need to keep the wireless ML phones charged regularly and what happens if I don't...???

Thanks for the input.....

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Battery Storage Question(s)

Thanks phrunt, never knew that, always been faithful re-charging all of my batteries (13) for the 5,7  and  now the 6 every month or so to keep them fully charged. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MSC said:

Thanks phrunt, never knew that, always been faithful re-charging all of my batteries (13) for the 5,7  and  now the 6 every month or so to keep them fully charged. 

That's the wrong thing to do, google it for reassurance.  The lazy people who don't look after their batteries end up doing a better job 🙂

It's also why if you run a laptop and only ever use it plugged in you're destroying your battery, you need to let that sucker wear down regularly so you're better off unplugging it often.  I've known of many people that bought a laptop, plugged it in and never unplugged it in an office type situation, a year or two later they try use it for the first time on battery and the battery is useless.... flat in no time and holds no charge.

• Like 2