I Thought I Had A Silver For Sure, But Nope!

displaying those pull tabs with pride!

Glad you found something better than silver. Seems like you are well on the way to finding greater things.

• Like 3

Way to go Cap'n! 👍 Bringing home the gold. Are there any other marks on the nugget ring? Looked like there might be. Also, what is the token-looking thing near the keys?

This looks like a beach hunt to me too. What was the ID on the plastic dog? 😀

• Haha 2

That's what I call a great hunt, nice save on the rings.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2

Way to go Cap'n! 👍 Bringing home the gold. Are there any other marks on the nugget ring? Looked like there might be. Also, what is the token-looking thing near the keys?

This looks like a beach hunt to me too. What was the ID on the plastic dog? 😀

Thanks!  The dog & truck came out of a sand volleyball court. There's a metal spring inside the dog and some screws that made it ID at 24.

The marks on the "nugget" ring are MM 6_9_9 and a tiny mark that I can't make out.

• Like 3

I don't know what MM699 means (and so far no one else does either) but it sure has the look of a quality ring to me.  Excellent finds!

You're doing things right, IMO.  You want gold rings?  Dig every pulltab in the park.  Small gold jewerly?  Dig all the foil, too.  Nothing wrong with digging trash.  Missing valuables through overconfidence in ones discriminating ability?  That's where the shame comes in.

• Like 3

My wild guess the MM 699 is the purity mark.

image.thumb.png.3eb0eac210f3139dd675e64e3468dea3.png

You might be able to find the maker. The style of mark is struck so it is old or older. Modern day marks are often laser engraved and super crisp in detail.

White gold is tricky, found one this summer and first thought it was silver then thought it was platinum because of the weight and the id range it rang up but an acid test proved to be 10k.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1