Two Days And A Little Silver

Trimes are hard enough to find. Finding 1/3 of one is pretty impressive!

If that was my luck I would have one of the 3rds without the date 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Do you have some sort of sling attached to your Equinox, F350?

I do when I use it in the water. I have a Limbsaver detector sling. The rest of the time I use that ring attachment to keep the detector from falling out of my golf cart. There is a harness strap that we use for the dog. Going across fields gets bumpy.

• Like 1

I do when I use it in the water. I have a Limbsaver detector sling. The rest of the time I use that ring attachment to keep the detector from falling out of my golf cart. There is a harness strap that we use for the dog. Going across fields gets bumpy.

Interesting. I ask because I know some people use slings to hold their detectors off the ground while they dig or pinpoint. I'm curious to learn more about how that process works and if it's something I should consider in an attempt to keep my machine cleaner and speed up the target recovery process.

The tiny thing at the bottom was the big find of the day, 1/3-ish of an 1852 Trime.

It's difficult enough to find a Trime, but at least I got the good part! It appears to have either been clipped or broken, I could not find any of the other pieces.

Well that means you got a silver penny ..................😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Great hunting to find that small piece of a trime, how deep was it and what settings were you using.

Great save on the other coins!

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 3

Great hunting to find that small piece of a trime, how deep was it and what settings were you using.

Great save on the other coins!

Good luck on your next outing.

I'd say it was about 4". It was really hard to find, I chased it everywhere with the pinpointer. Funny you almost know you have a coin when it's hard to find. Or a buckshot ball 😀

Settings:

Park 1, 5 tones, sensitivity 24, IB F2=3(max on 600) recovery 3 (max on 600)

I'm using the Coiltek 10x5. Killer in places like this. There are a couple other sites I'm going back to soon because of how good this coil is at sorting trash.

It was an odd 11/12, with a random 26. Thought I got another V nickel. Ground moisture is really high right now, we have a nor'Easter sucking the moisture upwards in the ground. Wheats were 19/20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. I ask because I know some people use slings to hold their detectors off the ground while they dig or pinpoint. I'm curious to learn more about how that process works and if it's something I should consider in an attempt to keep my machine cleaner and speed up the target recovery process.

I tried that at first, but grew tired of having it always attached to me. Relegated it to water hunting after my arm got used to the weight, and my elbow stopped hurting 😀 I have also never used an arm cuff strap, It saves on recovery time.

• Like 1