Two Days And A Little Silver

I'd say it was about 4". It was really hard to find, I chased it everywhere with the pinpointer.

Yes I know they are hard to find because of their size to begin with, and that is why I was wondering how you found such a small piece of it.

They trimes I have found has been almost 10 to 12 inches deep with the sense at 20 on my 800.

You did a great job finding it and that is what counts.

• Like 3

Wow, those are some super finds! I wonder where the rest of the Trime is. Well done!

Thanks!

I did too, searched around for quite a while. Noticed the clipped sides had dirt on them, so I probably won't find the rest, and knew I didn't break it. It was either used to make change or broken.

• Like 3

@F350Platinum I have a trime in my test kit but I've never found one.  It's hard for my old eyes to see even a full one let alone such a tiny piece.  You get the credit for recovering that sliver but maybe we give the Coiltek 5"x10" NOX coil an assist?

I'm also surprised the dTID came up so high (11-12).  There have been some who claim (seemingly with good evidence) that not only does the Eqx bunch up dTID's making it harder to discriminate, but in particular the nickel zone has an inordinate variety of targets that hit there.  (I know at least some of those lamentors are comparing the Eqx to the Minelab FBS series.)

Anyway, bottom line is that your detector-coil-brain combination found this elusive target.  See, I told you there was silver there!  :laugh:  How about a half dollar next time so you don't have to work so hard with recovery?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

@F350Platinumbottom line is that your detector-coil-brain combination found this elusive target.  See, I told you there was silver there!  :laugh:  How about a half dollar next time so you don't have to work so hard with recovery?

You were the first person I thought of when I discovered that fragment in my hand. 😀 Knew you'd appreciate the difficulty, and yes, the  Coiltek 10x5 was probably the reason I found it. There are so many iron targets in this spot I have to use F2=3, and still pulled a V nickel as well. If I left F2 at 0 I would never have finished the field. Wouldn't even want to show all the trash I dug even with high iron balance, there are cat food cans buried everywhere that come up a solid and loud 29/30. Suffice to say it's a lot. Thankfully there aren't many pull tabs but the ones I do dig are "vintage".

I did find a 2" round steel wheel of some sort that should have been dug by the people there before me. Guess they threw it back in the hole. No big silver here. 🤔

• Like 4