Still Running My Heavy GPZ 7000 And This Is Why

Arky re ( but the 7000 will stay in the arsenal. May add a smaller coil to it though.)

Am very happy with my 10 inch X coil ( weight and performance) but suggest you see a comparison between the 10 inch and the  8 Inch X- Coils.

What? No Xcoils, which in my opinion for what it is worth, are superior to any of those.

Personally, I still can't afford X Coils no matter how good they may be.

So I guess I will just have to be stuck with Nugget Finder coils.

JP's photo of the Nugget Finder Evo 14X9" made me feel good however, since it is definitely my favorite all purpose coil for the GPX 5000. 

And yes Rob Allison sells and uses Nugget Finder and Coiltek coils for the GPX 5000 and GPZ.

That is a nice looking nugget you got there Rob! That nugget must have been close to the range that the 6 can reach because I had a solid 4.25g nugget at 14" and while it wasn't loud it was definitely noticeable. Or the range of the 6 drops off dramatically somewhere between. But totally agree based off what little I know of the 7 it should outperform the 6 on larger at depth. (otherwise ML would be screwed on their 7000 production lol)

Also since there has been some talks of different types of coils. Is there a good thread or book or anything of the sorts that would dive into how coil designs affects depth and sensitivity? Or is that all the secret sauce that every company hold onto.

• Like 1

I had a solid 4.25g nugget at 14" and while it wasn't loud it was definitely noticeable. 

Not related to the 7 but like above....with my 6 I also dug a 4.2g at 13"...no problem, good, faint and repeatable.

• Like 1

Well done Rob and thanks for sharing your find and allowing us to see an occasional nice nugget the GPX-6000 just quite didn't have the punch.  Of course the biggest difference being an 11" round coil vs a 14" = 20%+ greater.

Bottom line, you were able to add that nice (very nice) nugget to your collection while swinging a GPZ-7000.

Well done and earned.