What Bungee Systems Are You Using On GPX 6000

Has anyone found a good balanced bungee setup that works well with the GPX 6000?

I like the bungee set up from doc's  I think it is called ultra swingy thingy.

• Like 1

Felix arami, thanks for your response.

yes, I would agree that Doc really came up with the best bungee systems that I’ve encountered so far.

The longer lower shaft will also help taller people by  allowing the bungee to be more forward on the shaft, in return helping to keep it from hitting the control pad so much.

My post goal here is to figure out how to get more hours in a day detecting, lately been feeling the shoulder and back feeling sore after two days back to back detecting. 

For long hours with with the 17” coil I’ll just bungee to my rucksack strap, same as I did with GPZ and others. I like the adjustable quick release bungee, with Velcro snap hook on shaft, as supplied with the GPZ 7000. Can be had separately via Minelab part number 3011-0246

173C4B89-E3B7-4ECE-A026-9DC5C5C9370D.jpeg

steves-metal-detecting-kit.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Have you  tried  a swing arm it seems  to balance out  better on the 6000 for me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When running the 17” or 14” I do the same as Steve.  Except I add the the Minelab cross-bar to my camel-bak.  I will also use the Minelab guide arm, keep in mind though that it is made for the 7000 so you have to reverse the rubber strap in order for it to fit around the shaft of the 6000.  It almost makes the machine weightless.  However when I’m running the 11 inch get I get rid of all that stuff it makes it more stealthy and allows for larger swings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank You all for your wise input.

I really like the looks of the lightweight rucksack straps with the simplicity of the Zed bungee system on it.

The addition of the guide arm also sounds like a winner for the 17” coil. 👍

I use my hipstick/bungee/guide arm for the 14DD and 17. It helps to maintain strict coil control after hours of detecting and prevents fatigue.

• Like 6

Hipstick for me with 17 coil same as used with the GPZ, I find I don`t need it if using the 11 mono on the 6K or the 10" Xcoil on the Z7K.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Awakening this thread.  I managed to break the attach clip on the Minelab bungee thing. There is enough left on it to clip on to a ring or whatever but can easily come free. Doc’s qwipple has a similar clip. Both are unique in that they are easy to adjust. Wish they sold it separately.

What search terms will get me to a good chest harness? I have the ML pro harness but it’s overkill for a Manticore or AQ…