Analogic Metal Detector, Fisher Cz-3d

hello,

i love the analogic machine, with no display but only knobs and switch, i have a nautilus dmc iib.

i want to buy a fisher cz-3d, i search on field with low grass they have a lot of junk like alumium foil, and iron.

the problem is that: in italy the fisher cz-3D cost 1000€ new, i think for an old machine is a very high price. what do you think? there are other brand and model to consider?

i already have the makro simplex, teknetics t2 

The CZ3D is an ancient design, and rumor has it that it has finally been discontinued. Certainly nothing I’d recommend to anyone in the 21st century. There are many models you could consider… you already own a couple. Two of the most popular are XP Deus, and Minelab Equinox. XP has just announced the new Deus 2, and Nokta/Makro is releasing a new detector in the next couple weeks. If you are going for new, may as well look at the newest.

So sure, there are detectors you could buy. Just don’t think they will do something magically better than what you already have. Detecting technology is about small improvements at best. So use what you have, or find something else you like and buy it. The secret no matter what you do is finding good places to detect, and putting in the hours. Some people seem to spend more time buying and selling detectors than actually metal detecting. That’s fine, if that is what you want, but simply buying more metal detectors is no guarantee of success.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I have to agree with Steve H. on this and you should be glad that he has given you his advice. He is one of the smartest people in this field as he works with many of the manufactures of metal detectors.

I also agree on the 2 units he has told you about and I can tell you that the Equinox 800 is simply the best unit that I have ever used. I also hunt fields, old churches, and creeks for many of my finds.

Good luck on your decision that you need to make.

• Like 2

Thanks very much for the advice.  

I will wait for the new makro nokta, for now i use the t2 and simplex for more time in the fields.

Thanks Steve H. Is a pleasure read what do you think 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1